OT: Inspired By Cypress Gardens Thread (If not there, where?)

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
For those who have been to both, is Cypress Gardens or Wild Adventures better for a teenage boy. We're trying to decide on a Thanksgiving getaway for our family. TIA :)

Anyone have an opinion? If not, I'm open to other suggestions for a 4 night, Thanksgiving getaway. We want to be within a reasonable driving distance from Tampa. Reasonable to us is probably much shorter than it is for some. :blush: We're looking for something fun to do with our DS(14). FYI, we're not into Zoos, Aquariums, etc. We especially don't like shopping, unless it's in specialty shops (no outlets, malls, or flea markets). I'd also like a destination that starts the Christmas season by then. Living in Southwest Florida, it's really hard to get into the holiday spirit when it's 75 deg. outside. It would be great to have a nice Thanksgiving dinner, then transition into Christmas the next day.

Other places we've considered:
Universal - We were there for 5 nights last week, but will go there if we can't find another place we're interested in. I also don't like that they don't really start the Christmas season that early.

WDW - We have a :dog: that travels with us. We've not found a hotel or resort close enough to WDW that both allows pets & is one we're interested in staying at. The kennel isn't an option for us. We used to stay at FW in our RV, but we sold it. We just weren't able to use it often enough to warrant keeping it. :guilty: For now, I guess WDW is out.

Pigeon Forge, TN - It's really further than we like to drive, but we did consider it. I've since found out that the traffic & crowd are a nightmare that weekend. I suppose this one's out too.

I've run out of ideas & need some help. :listen: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to find something new, fun, & festive to do. :dance3:

Between the two, Wild Advantures would be my guess. It is very popular witht he folks from here in J-ville. I haven't been to Cypress Gardens since all of the recent renovations/additions.

You can always go to Brooksville to the Christmas House. Nothing says nice vacation like a few days in Brooksville. :rotfl:

Golf4food said:
Between the two, Wild Advantures would be my guess. It is very popular witht he folks from here in J-ville. I haven't been to Cypress Gardens since all of the recent renovations/additions.

You can always go to Brooksville to the Christmas House. Nothing says nice vacation like a few days in Brooksville. :rotfl:

Hey, I forgot about the Christmas House. We've never been & the only time I think about it is when I see a billboard on I75. If we do go to Wild Adventures, we'll have to make a stop there on the way home. :teeth:

Have you been to Wild Adventures? Is there enough to do in the area for 4 nights? Any suggestions for "not to be missed" attractions, dining, etc. other than the park? We like comedy, dinner shows, & pretty much anything that's fun for a 14 yr. old boy. We also like fine dining restaurants, if there's any. Sorry, if any of this sounds silly considering the area. I really don't know anything about Valdosta. :blush: Guess it's time to look it up. :p

I just checked on Travelocity & there's only 2* motels/ hotels that allow pets in Valdosta. I'll try asking on trip advisor to see if anyone can suggest a nicer place to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter