OT: Holyland? Anyone ever been?

meloneyb21

DIS Veteran
ummmm, I saw an ad for it today in my AAA Florida Tourbook and I have really never heard of this before. Holyland? At first it seemed funny to me, like "Yeah, right." :crazy: .....but it really is serious huh?

DH and I did this on our last trip. It is for real. PM me if you want to know about it and what we thought of it.

We went. It was totally empty the day we went. We enjoyed it, but it took only 1/2 day at best. Thankfully I got 1/2 price tickets. There really isn't much for the kids to do. Think of going historical sightseeing with your kids.....that is what it was like. After a while we got a lot of, "Are we leaving yet?"

DH and I enjoyed it. There were several shows and many replicas of various places in Israel.

The food was astronomically expensive! Just be forwarned. And none of their drinks come with lids. I have never fully understood that one.

It is worth seeing once, but not a place you go back to.

Dawn

We went the year it first opened....It was really nice to see the historical things that they offered BUT my children were not into it at all. I would say that it is really cool for adults who are interested to go and see it at least once or twice. It was very well put together and interesting....but your kids will not care for it....

Oh and don't plan on a whole day, it really only takes 3 or 4 hours.....

It was nice though...I bought a pretty sundress............

That attraction seems to be floundering, and I wouldn't be surprised if the doors are shuttered sooner than later. The government is fighting with them to take them about their tax status. If the governemtnwins, which most think they will, it will probably be the end of them.

THere's a wonderful mall across the street--Millenia, on the upscale side if you want to do some shopping. And it's not a mob scene like Florida Mall.

Anne

i would love to go however my baby would not be able to take it....some day

Someone mentioned 1/2 price tickets? Where do I find out about that?

I am planning on visiting next week some time. I hope it's not closed. I was just on there website...it was still up and running.

Cheapest tix I could find were on ticketmania.

I went there about 3 or 4 years ago with my parents. My father especially enjoyed it. I haven't been back and I'm not sure I would visit again unless my parents went back with me. I did like the exhibits and educational piece but can understand how a child might get bored. It's worth going at least once.

I went there about 3 or 4 years ago with my parents. My father especially enjoyed it. I haven't been back and I'm not sure I would visit again unless my parents went back with me. I did like the exhibits and educational piece but can understand how a child might get bored. It's worth going at least once. You definately will not need the entire day, and the crowds are not like at other parks. My father wanted more, he would have loved to have been there all day if there was more to see and do.

We went in January. My younger kids did not like it. My older kids might have if they would have had a chance to experience more of it. The staff we encountered were on the rude side. DH and I were in line (not a single file kind of line--hard to explain)and our kids behind us for one of the main exhibits. The worker selected who was going in and my kids weren't in the group. They were told it would be 50 more minutes until their "group" got in. They said forget it and went to the bookstore. We thought the place had potential for adults and some historically/spiritually minded teens. Honestly, for us it was a big bomb because of the wind and the rude staff. We really wanted to like this place and we did see some really interesting things. If they don't close I might wait five years and try it again with DH alone (he might be kicking and screaming) I have told my mother that she and my step-dad would enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!