OT: Frustrated about pedophile out west

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi All ~ I am thrilled that the boy the S.O.B. Peter Whitmore abducted has been found...however there is another boy that monster has. This evil person has a history of violence with children and yet he is doing it again. I'm sick of this garbage being let out to harm our children. Sorry for venting...but I'm fed up and think I should do something about it. What do you suggest? Blessings, Sandra

I have not seen any news today. So the last thing i saw was that this man still had these children. I read it on the front page of the newspaper while waiting in line at the grocery store. My reaction was disturbing. It horrified me. Honestly..made me sick to my stomach.
As far as what you can do. As one who knows too much about this kind of abuse.. I feel the biggest thing we can do is break the silence. Make sexual abuse not such a taboo topic so that victims can get more help and abusers can be stopped. We are only as sick as our secrets.

Donald - my hero said:
Saw news -- both boys found safe!

Thank God.

Haven't seen the news yet this am, last I heard they "had a perimeter established". Prayers for support and healing for those boys and their families, and that this fellow will NOT get another chance to do this.

Both boys are out and alive, thank goodness, but I just hope that monster hadn't done anything unspeakable with them. Now the question is, will they be smart enough to lock him up and throw away the key or will he be out in a few years to do it all over again? :furious:

Why, oh why do we release people like Peter Whitmore? I just read an article on Canada.com that said, when he was released in 2004, he was tested for likelihood to reoffend and it came out 100%. People who are admitted pedophiles should not be allowed to walk the streets. This whole incident hits on a very serious problem in this country to which we are only applying band-aid solutions.

Okay, rant off. LOL Let's talk Disney.

People like this should be put in with the general population in the Kingston Penn and all the inmates should know why they are there and then let the internal justice system of the prison deal with them. I guarantee he won't be coming out of there without being carried in a bodybag.

Not only is he 100% likely to reoffend....he refused treatment!

We can't allow this to happen. I have two children, many to you have children too.

We have a voice!

S

People like this should be put in with the general population in the Kingston Penn and all the inmates should know why they are there and then let the internal justice system of the prison deal with them.
::yes::Yep! Unfortunately, he'll end up in solitary just like Paul.

snickerboo said:
::yes::Yep! Unfortunately, he'll end up in solitary just like Paul.

Yep and that is so wrong on way to many levels. They should be made to suffer in general population then they will get to see just how fun the poor kids had it.

I totally agree with putting them in gen pop.

Also - I would vote for a party that made 'getting tough on crime' their top priority. I like tax cuts as much as the next person but if you want to get murderers, rapists, pedophiles off the street then throw them in jail for good, forget the stupid appeal process we have, and make jail tougher than Club Med for bad people. And my own personal opinion - which I don't expect everyone to share - is that if we have indisputable proof like the Bernardo case we should just kill the person and move on. Harsh I know, but why bother keeping them alive to sit in jail and cost the country money until they die naturally - I like to think of it as helping nature takes it's course in an accelerated manner.

Just MHO.

DutchsMommy said:

Also - I would vote for a party that made 'getting tough on crime' their top priority. I like tax cuts as much as the next person but if you want to get murderers, rapists, pedophiles off the street then throw them in jail for good, forget the stupid appeal process we have, and make jail tougher than Club Med for bad people. And my own personal opinion - which I don't expect everyone to share - is that if we have indisputable proof like the Bernardo case we should just kill the person and move on. Harsh I know, but why bother keeping them alive to sit in jail and cost the country money until they die naturally - I like to think of it as helping nature takes it's course in an accelerated manner.

Just MHO.

I agree with capital punishment unfortunatley far to many people in this country are to soft on it and it would never pass trying to bring it back.

DutchsMommy said:

Just MHO.

I also, completely agree. We all know for certain that Bernardo did it so why should he have any rights--ie: the right to live. Carla too, but that's a whole other topic.

In the case of Whitmore-- did you ever wonder what makes a persons mind work like that. How anyone could get something out of molesting children, I can't even begin to comprehend. Is it some kind of chemical imbalance or a crossed wire in the brain? How can most people be normal and then there are these weirdos?

It totally breaks my heart to think of what these sick individuals have done to defenceless, innocent children. I believe that in one way or another these people will have their debt payed back to them and then some.

It's a sad situation, but I find myself chuckling at the folks here who think these pedophiles aren't able to take care of themselves while being in the general population.

I personally know a pedophile who survived just nicely in the general population in the penitentiary in Mansfield, Ohio. Not only did he not get molested by the others in the prison, he managed to take one of the others down when they did try to come after him. Pedophile:1, Get Even Squad:0. I expect he's also doing rather well for himself in Maplehurst in Milton, Ontario.

It's easy to sit at a computer and call for the death penalty but are you willing to do so and then look in the eyes of people like Stephen Truscott or Donald Marshall or a host of others who would have been executed? We can't put all our faith in DNA evidence either. We aren't living in a CSI episode in which DNA results are available in 44 minutes to help solve the crime before Law & Order comes on. This is real life.

I'm quite pleased to know that Paul Bernardo will rot in jail for the rest of his life. I know the sister of one of his victims and I have a vague idea of the horror he caused. I did a "ride-along" in a Hamilton Police car in the summer of '92 with the description of his vehicle taped to the sun-visor and every gold coloured sports car we saw was given a good sideways glance from the safety of the cruiser. Kingston Pen is a good place for Paul -- I only wish the truth about Karla had been known before the "deal with the devil" had been struck.

RoyalCanadian said:
I personally know a pedophile who survived just nicely in the general population in the penitentiary in Mansfield, Ohio. Not only did he not get molested by the others in the prison, he managed to take one of the others down when they did try to come after him. Pedophile:1, Get Even Squad:0. I expect he's also doing rather well for himself in Maplehurst in Milton, Ontario.

Well - that's nice :confused3 I think the point of the comment was that they should not get differential treatment, not who can beat up who.

It's easy to sit at a computer and call for the death penalty but are you willing to do so and then look in the eyes of people like Stephen Truscott or Donald Marshall or a host of others who would have been executed? We can't put all our faith in DNA evidence either. We aren't living in a CSI episode in which DNA results are available in 44 minutes to help solve the crime before Law & Order comes on. This is real life.

Hard truth is I could accept that possibility.

I don't know about the case you are talking about but, why do women allow men they don't really know in their home?
There is another thread about this and here in Ohio we had a very disturbed man.
He was watching his girlfriends son, 17 months old, and he molested him.
Had this little baby on the couch, face down, the baby suffocated.
Yes, he is in jail right now awaiting his trial. He is on suicide watch and away from the general population.
This just infuriates me when something like this happens and we protect the jerk that killed a child.
Sorry, I see some of you don't believe in the death penalty and generally I am against it, too. This time, as I have told my husband, let this man out, we would have a huge congregation of moms and dads that would be ready for him.

Lisa

It's easy to sit at a computer and call for the death penalty but are you willing to do so and then look in the eyes of people like Stephen Truscott or Donald Marshall or a host of others who would have been executed? We can't put all our faith in DNA evidence either. We aren't living in a CSI episode in which DNA results are available in 44 minutes to help solve the crime before Law & Order comes on. This is real life

I would support the death penalty for a mulitple offender with irrefutable evidence (ie: Paul Bernardo, 3 deaths, videotape evidence). I would not support the death penalty for single offenses without definitive evidence. The law would have to be that there was 100% no chance that anyone else had committed the crime.

I definitely think our government needs to look at a system that classifies offenses a little more, with sexual crimes/murder involving children at the top of the list. I love Canada, but we're very liberal with the way the Supreme Court handles the issue of "rights". People who have repeatedly sexually abused children should lose their rights as citizens IMO. I, personally, do not care if they are harassed in their homes should the public be advised of their whereabouts. My children should have more rights than Peter Whitmore but the way things are now, they don't. Just ask the Miller parents.

DutchsMommy said:
Well - that's nice :confused3 I think the point of the comment was that they should not get differential treatment, not who can beat up who.

Hard truth is I could accept that possibility.

I agree with you I wouldn't lose any sleep over anything like that happening it is the cost of doing business as they say.

F4disneyfan said:
I agree with you I wouldn't lose any sleep over anything like that happening it is the cost of doing business as they say.

The cost of doing business is the execution of innocent people?

How would you feel if you were the innocent person on death row? Do you know anything about either the Donald Marshall or Stephen Truscott cases to be able to say, with a straight face, that it would have been okay for either of them to be executed since it is the cost of doing business?

That phrase, tied in with the prospect of executing innocent people, is absolutely heartless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter