OT - Disney TA Rate

misslissa

DIS Veteran
Hi there,

Just wondering about the Disney TA rate. I have booked it before for myself online, and I know that this is the only way to do it. However, I am wondering if I can book two rooms under the same rate. I called the call center and they said "yes". However, now when I try to book it, my name is automatically populated as the "lead guest"... it won't let me book under a different name... Has anyone else done this before?

I hope they'll let me book 2 rooms!

Hey..No they won't let you book 2 rooms under the TA rate. You must be in the room and the others get the same room rate, same with the TA promo that is avail at the moment w/Dining. Same room guests are eligible but an additional room at the discounted rate is not allowed.

:sad2:

Hey..No they won't let you book 2 rooms under the TA rate. You must be in the room and the others get the same room rate, same with the TA promo that is avail at the moment w/Dining. Same room guests are eligible but an additional room at the discounted rate is not allowed.

:sad2:

Yeah... it is so weird though, because I have called twice and both times they have told me that we are eligible to book two rooms at that rate. But, I can't seem to find someone to clairfy how you book it then :p From the beginning, I was under the assumption that you couldn't... like you said above, but now I'm confused!

Well-all too often I find the Res agents are not the most informed! You can't book a TA rate with them tho can you? Has to be done online? Call them and tell them that you can't seem to apply the rate to 2 bookings and can they do it for you? Never know?

It does say this on the site tho..

The use of the discounted package offer is restricted to retail travel agents who must occupy the room with their guests. The offer is non-commissionable and non-transferable. Rooms must be booked a minimum of 6 days prior to arrival. Agents are required to show their valid IATAN or CLIA ID card at check-in at the confirmed Select Disney Resort Hotel upon check-in.

I just transferred my deposit from an existing bkg to the new offer w/dining and park tickets and what a run-a-round. They actually called me yesterday to A) Ask where my deposit was? Seems it was still sitting in the old-cancelled booking!! and B) They needed my CLIA ID card copy which was also still attached to the old-cancelled bkg! She apologized but jeeeeez-get with it folks.

Hope you it works out for you:confused3

That's a good idea... What a good deal they have with the tkts and dining! That's awesome for you :goodvibes There is nothing out for February yet, but I don't think any packages could trump the room only rates they are giving. It is all a waiting game I guess! At least I am not the only one who keeps cancelling/changing/rebooking! :P

Oh no-you aren't!!;)
They told me as long as my re-booking costs ME more each time, they are fine with it.l..how 'Disney like' lol..

So...are you guys allowed to share how great of a rate you get?
Inquiring minds would like to know :-)

Funniest thing just happened... I just got a 40% off code in my email and called up Disney. They applied it to both reservations! I am in such a great mood!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

It worked out that I will still be paying $100 USD more than if I booked the room only and tickets seperately and I'll still be taking advantage of the dining plan. :rotfl:

I figure that works out much better, and less hassle............

As for the discount, it is random... you never know how much it is really gonna be... but in instances that there are specials like free dining and stuff like the code, sometimes the packages are better.

And, travel agents GENERALLY (with the exception of a few specials) don't get the dining plan and tickets added on... the tickets have to be added on seperately.

Whoo hoo! Good for you!
See-it all worked out.

Misslissa is right..sometimes it's good-sometimes just okay. Usually it is room only and averages 40-50% off the reg room rate. The addition of free dining and tkts is at limited times..very limited. I booked Dec 14-21/7 nights/tkts and dining (didn't add the wine-seemed to really hike it) for 2 of us just under $1,600. Port Orleans-French Quarter. DH might join us..just for a few days and oddly enough it is cheaper (another $500) to add him for the duration rather than the 3-4 days?? Go figure...soo I am thinking if I add him for all 7 nights..maybe..maybeeee...we can accrue the meals he didn't use and use them at Calif Grille a 2-redemption restaurant? Hmmmm.....:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!