ostrich eggs

mickey 105

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know of a restruant that serves Ostriches eggs on the menu at Walt Disney World, since they do have several ostriches around. :happytv::rotfl2::worship::3dglasses:wizard::scared1::woohoo:

considering the size of them suckers.. IF anyone did I would have to say one of the TS at AKL. it would fit in with the theming. I have only done dinner there( and only Jiko at that) but I assume somebody has a sit down brekkie there.. maybe the Buffet?

I don't know how to tell you this, but the eggs on Kilimanjaro Safari are fake. ;)

No ostrich eggs, but I've seen Ostrich tenderloin served at Jiko and Cali Grill. :thumbsup2

No ostrich eggs, but I've seen Ostrich tenderloin served at Jiko and Cali Grill. :thumbsup2

Not since there was a falling out between Disney and the distributer (from what I heard, maybe over price). Ostrich hasn't been on the CG menu in about a year and it hasn't been on Jikos menu in months. I never got to try the ostrich at CG but that ostrich app at Jiko was amazing.

I doubt you will ever see that on a menu as it's the equivalent of either 1 or 2 dozen of chicken eggs.

I have. it was a one egg omelet. it was also meant to serve 4 people. came with 4 sides..2 meat and 2 starch. we had ours with cheese and mushrooms. came with 4 biscuits, a big huge plate of home fries, 6 or eight slices of bacon and 6 sausage links.

it was also NOT in a restaurant in the US.

Also I think I heard they a bit gamey.

ehh, not really. no more gamey than any other farm raised 'game' anyway. sure they don't taste exactly like a chicken egg. but then again despite the claim, ostrich doesn't really taste like chicken either...

The only place I've seen them served was in the old Tarzan movies they have been showing on TCM this month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!