Orlando pass holder back from Tokyo Parks & Hilton

Discussion in 'Tokyo Disneyland' started by DrakesTravels, Sep 8, 2018.

1. DrakesTravels

DrakesTravels Earning My Ears

Took my second trip to Tokyo and Disney. Last summer went to Disney Sea and this summer Disneyland and Disney Sea. I stayed at the Hilton Tokyo Bay and highly recommend. Even though I live in Orlando and frequently go to the Orlando Parks, I felt like Tokyo was a great vacation and actually enjoyed it more. Perhaps I do Orlando too much but the change in culture and lack of crowds (at least when I went) was really nice. Seems like Orlando is always busy with various festivals and promotions so Disney has done well in Orlando to get folks to the parks during the off seasons which don't exist much anymore.

I'm planing to go back to Tokyo next Summer and perhaps this could be an annual trip. I learned the locals folks don't get out of school till late June and I was at the resort in early June and it was fantastic. If you're flexible and want to go in the summer, take advantage of this time and save on hotel rates and avoid huge crowds at the same time. Last year I went in late June and it was a different story. The only downside both Space Mountain and Joureny to the Center of the Earth were closed for refurbishment. That's another indicator that it's off peak so also be careful since they are both iconic rides for each park.

Let me know if you have any questions. It was cool comparing the differences between the Orlando attractions and Tokyo.

I made a video from Disneyland showing some of the differences and unique items from Tokyo Disneyland.

Shock13, ZBSW and Haley R like this.
  2. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

Thank you so much for posting this! We are going next year. We actually should be able to book plane tickets on Monday! We are hoping for late May/early June. I was a little worried about June being too hot or busy, but you just reassured me that it will be great! We also plan on staying at Hilton. What kind of room did you stay in? We want to do the King Celebrio with Ocean view. I'm really hoping Journey is open when we go.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. DrakesTravels

Glad to help. It could be hot and could also rain but the rain was light when it occurred. I'm from Florida so rain and heat wasn't that bad.

At the Hilton, I'm a Diamond member so was hoping for an upgrade and received a great upgrade. Was just me and my son so we booked the cheapest room and got upgraded to a "family suite" which sleeps 5 (5 beds) which included a bunk bed which my son loved. If you are not a HHonors member, you should join - it's free and you'll get some good points for future free stays and possibly get an upgrade versus being a non member. As far as view, consider the price difference. We had a non ocean view so it over look the park in distance and son enjoyed watching the monorail (across the parking lot) circle around. I can't compare to what an ocean view would look like but rarely in the room during daylight hours. Love the hotel and extremely kid friendly. I'll definitely stay there again if the price is reasonable. They run free shuttle service to the monorail station and main train station also. It's weird since the monorail station is just across the parking lot (3 minutes) but if it is raining I can see the benefit or if you have a lot of stuff (bags/strollers etc.)

Enjoy - we're planning to go back the early part of June also hopefully.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Haley R

What are we talking when we say hot? We deal with some rain where I live but it normally doesn’t get any hotter than 100 as the feels like temp.

I’m an HHonors member. We don’t have any points because we don’t really stay at hotels often but I am a member. We don’t have kids so it would just be Dh and I. We might scale back and do a standard view instead but I still love the looks of those celebrio rooms! Maybe we will still get one but with standard view instead.

What did you bring for rain gear?

6. DrakesTravels

Honestly I don't recall it feeling hot. More than likely since there wasn't much direct sunlight. It stayed cloudy which keep the temperature down. I don't think it went over 90. As far as rain gear, didn't take any. The rain was very light and was not consistent. If needed a poncho could be a good option since anything heavier would be hot and there was never a heavy rain so you'll be taking on and off. We just walked through the rain as you'll see in video barely enough to get you wet. You'll also see the Japanese culture is huge in having umbrellas. They care them everywhere and even see around town umbrellas lockers/stands for folks to lock up. I think they do this since the rain is very unpredictable and comes and goes but never hard from my experience unless an abnormal event like a known storm.

Haley R likes this.
  7. Haley R

Oh wow okay that’s good. I thought it would be really hot and humid but maybe that’s later in June and in July. I think I’ll probaby bring a small umbrella and a poncho just in case. Did you just wear tennis shoes? I hate wet socks/shoes so that’s one thing I’m worried about too.

8. DrakesTravels

I agree on the shoes. For the theme parks (I live in Orlando also) I always have a pair of flip flops on standby and usually decide right before I enter. I wore tennis shoes the whole time in Japan. While it didn't rain hard, I never noticed any puddling of water around the park and my shoes never got water logged and socks stayed dry. That's a hard and really depends how heavy the rain will be. For light rain, I was good with tennis shoes.

9. Haley R

Alright sounds good thank you. I’ll add flip flops to our list of things to pack and make sure I bring some to the parks with me. I think I could handle a drizzle but not a downpour.