Organizing 101/ Dining Room

BernardandMissBianca

Rum makes math fun!
Goal:
Create a comfortable place to eat and entertain
treat: new candlesticks, vase, fresh flowers for table

Declutter
- go through hutches, buffets, and cupboards, grouping like things together (e.g. linens, candles, serving pieces)
- gather together any silver, brass, or copper pieces that need cleaning and polishing
- set aside items that belong in other room in a large basket yeah, I need a pick up truck (read bathroom post)
- evaluate the age and condition of any silk or dried floral arrangements

Clean
- clean light fixtures. Replace and repair broken bulbs, fixtures, or switchplates
- pull apart the table; vacuum the areas where the leaves insert and tighten screws. Dust and polish pedestal.
- clean and polish silver, brass, and copper with recommended cleaning products
- spot clean chair covers and spray with stain repellent
- dust and polish wood furniture. including and extra table leaves
- vacuum and clean floor, shelves, drawers, windows, and window treatments

Maintain
- designate specific shelves or drawers for grouped items
- if you keep your silver in storage, pretreat it with a tarnish-resistance polish before putting it away

Thanks Buffy!!
I plan on tackling this room tonight after dinner.... DH has to work when he gets home...because he is working w/ a bunch of airheads (that was the nicest word he could use to describe them today!)... He said.. he could get more done if they'd all just go on vacation and let him just do it all!

Okay I am putting a post here to keep up with those that finish this assignment.

Rebecca

Hummm, I don't have a dining room per se - it's a nook that feeds into the living room. We do have a table that has become our catch all though. Should probably clean that off :)

My dining room has become the place I put things when I don't know where else to put them. The table is still clear, but around the periphery of the room are all sorts of boxes that don't belong and the hutch is full of junk. I need to do this room - not sure if it will be this month or not, but soon.

Ok, this sounds do-able to me. Our dining room is part of our kitchen. Just cleaned the lighting fixture this past weekend. So now I would just have to clean out the shelves in the built in hutch. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!

This is do-able to me as well. The dining room is the least used room in the house.:rolleyes1 :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter