Ordering off the children's menu for 10+

horselover

Why yes I would love a glass of wine!
I have a very picky DS who just turned 10 this year. He will not go into any of the TS restaurants & order off of the regular menu. He's strictly a chicken fingers, pizza & pasta kind of kid (much to my dismay) & he has a small appetite. Does anyone know if he will be allowed to order off of the kid's menu? Is there a surcharge for this? I wouldn't mind paying a little extra. I just want him to be able to find something to eat. Thanks.

In most WDW restaurants this should be permitted. There is no resort-wide policy. I don't recall any reports about a surcharge, but there were a few reports about diners getting an adult size portion of the kid food and being charged more. Don't know if any particular restaurant does that as a matter of course.

As far as I can tell, the only incidence where a guest age 10 and over is absolutely not permitted to order from the children's menu is at buffets and all you can eat family style meals.

If you are on the dining plan you can still order a kids meal for him, but if you are paying with his dining plan credits you will pay for the kids meal with an adult credit.

I am an adult but am a VERY picky eater. When we were in WDW in August I ordered off the kids menu a couple of times with no problem. At a few CS I ordered off the kids menu and at 50s Prime Time as well. I can't remember if there were any other TS that I ordered a kids meal but I'm sure your 10 year old won't have any problems if I didn't! Good luck and have a great time!!

I asked this same question before our last trip and was told without a doubt there would be no problem! And of course, you all were right! In fact, I remember him ordering 2 kids meals at Wispering Canyon--at the waitress's suggestion.
my son was 12 at the time.
You shouldn't have any problems! Have fun!

Just did it all last week, in all 4 parks, with all 4 of my kids and only one of them is under 10. No problem at all! (My boys are 15, 11, 10 and 9.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter