Orange Lake Resort

ksrogers

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have experiences they want to share about their stay at Orange Lake Report? What section is best to stay in (North, East, West or River)? What pools are best for kids aged 7 and 4? Which gold course is best and which one is best bang for your buck? How much are the bike rentals? Do they have BBQ's that you can use to cook your dinners? Any other details or things to do on the resort that should not be missed would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have experiences they want to share about their stay at Orange Lake Report? What section is best to stay in (North, East, West or River)? What pools are best for kids aged 7 and 4? Which gold course is best and which one is best bang for your buck? How much are the bike rentals? Do they have BBQ's that you can use to cook your dinners? Any other details or things to do on the resort that should not be missed would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there, we have stayed here twice recently. In Dec we were in West Village, we loved having a drive up Villa. They pools are very spread apart, we drove most of the time and took the shuttle. They were well equipped villas. We liked we could walk out our patio doors and sit outside on ground level.
In March we stayed at River Island, we loved it as well, very very busy. What we didn't like, is it was more hotel like, with interior hallways to get to your room. I like the open air type villas, we hated our patio in River Island. We did like that you can go down the elevator and out of the building and the pool is right there.
The north and East Villages were open air, which means the hallways were outside, not like a hotel closed feeling. Any of the pools would be good. River Island and West Village pool has zero entry. Never used the East Village pool. That is probably the one area I wouldn't pick, it is sooo spread out. We had friends there in 3 different units, and they couldn't be further apart. The pools are not close, unless you happen to get into a building that is right beside the pool.
In West Village there was charcoal bbq's but that is the only ones I saw.
Bikes not sure, and we didn't golf. The courses look great though.
Any questions ask away!

i agree with the previous poster. we had a villa in the east village last time we were there and it was awesome!!! we loved it!!! it was one of the open air type villas with a real patio overlooking the golf course. it was spacious and just great!

we have also stayed here in a studio in the main building and it was okay but we didn't like it nearly as well as the villa. it was small and loud - more like a hotel.

i will throw in my two cents here on this resort - it's a good resort, i'd def. stay again - after all, we are repeat guests there. however, they nickel and dime you. they charge you to use the lazy river and thus we didn't use it. also, beware of the time share sellers on check in. they are pretty high pressure and i never want to go to one of those talks! sometimes they don't' want to take no for an answer!

Just to correct the previous poster. They do chg for certain things. NOT the use of the lazy river. You can rent tubes for it at $9.00 day
But we just used the lazy river without it. U have to pay for golf, mini putt & hippo slide. But u can also get a playpass for all of these.

Just to correct the previous poster. They do chg for certain things. NOT the use of the lazy river. You can rent tubes for it at $9.00 day
But we just used the lazy river without it. U have to pay for golf, mini putt & hippo slide. But u can also get a playpass for all of these.

When we were there in feb. the guy at the desk told us that we'd have to pay to use the lazy river - hence we did not use. just saying - that's what they are telling people.

I dont know why they would tell u that. I can assure you 100% the lazy river is free to use just the tubes cost money. We didn't pay for tubes and used it. In Dec & March. Our March trip we had 19 people with us and we all used it. I know I saw a post on trip advisor saying u had to pay for tha lazy river. I copied the link and sent it to Orange Lake via facebook and they did write me back and told me again the lazy river is free just the tubes. So obviously there is miscommunication.

The lazy river is free. You do have to pay tube rental. Orange Lake does sell a Play Pass that includes tube rentals and mini golf. River Island has the lazy river, restaurants and mini-golf right next to the units. If you get an end unit, up high at River Island you can see the fireworks at MK and Epcot.

Thanks you everyone for your comments!! Keep them coming I appreciate the information!!

We have owned at Orange Lake for 20+ years, but have only stayed there about 10 times. We have traded through RCI to enjoy other destinations. Anyway, we have only stayed in the one or two level villas, and always have a great time. We only golfed once at the par 3 course using rented clubs and had a great time. Be aware that this is a 'cashless' resort, and you are required to put a $250 hold on a credit card. I agree that they have a 'hard sell' presentation, we avoid it at all costs. They again put a hold on a credit card, that will be returned when you arrive at the sales pitch. Pools are wonderful, and not crowded. The units themselves have everything, including a welcome packet with paper towel, dish soap, laundry soap, salt/pepper, and more. The truth is, however, that we really only use the resort mostly to sleep, and make ourselves a hearty breakfast before heading to the parks. We rarely spend an entire day just hanging out at the resort.
Enjoy your stay!

We have stayed at River Island and East. Having stayed at both, I'm spoiled to River Island. I like the interior corridors SO much better - personal preference. East was fine, but River Island was so much nicer.

The pool at River Island with the lazy river is nirvana. We have twice rented a cabana and spent a day there. SO relaxing. The lazy river is free, but they will charge you to rent innertubes - not a big deal to us. Other than the cabana rental (which is totally unnecessary, but fun), innertube rental and some food here or there, we spent nothing else at the resort.

The lunch place off the River Island pool has GREAT food. Had dinner at a different place nearby (still onsite), and it was not good ... and kind of sad.

Last time, we stayed ground floor at River Island and just loved everything about it. The screened porch was great, and we could EASILY walk to the pool.

For the money, Orange Lake is a really good value. We started staying there after staying onsite for years, and the extra space at Orange Lake (we get a 2br) really spoiled us. It's SO comfortable, sometimes we had trouble leaving our villa.

One more thing - SuperTarget is RIGHT across the street.

Also, there are so many restaurants within short driving distance: Chuy's, Olive Garden, Giordano's ...

Also, getting to WDW could not be easier or quicker.

I think Tradewinds at River Island is the good lunch place, and River Island Grilling Company for dinner was not good at all.

I'll be spending 3 weeks at OL around the holidays, with my wife and 4 kids. We will eat 3-4 meals at Disney but the rest will be either near OL or in our room. Any nearby restaurants that use either restaurant.com or Groupon that are recommended?

I'll be spending 3 weeks at OL around the holidays, with my wife and 4 kids. We will eat 3-4 meals at Disney but the rest will be either near OL or in our room. Any nearby restaurants that use either restaurant.com or Groupon that are recommended?

Zip is 34747, so you can do a search on restaurant.com. I got one for Giordano's years ago - don't know if they're still on there.

Eating outside of "the world" is so much cheaper!

It is a nice place to stay there. I have been stayed there during my trip with my family last year. We had a lot of fun there and can’t complain about anything. Our rooms were gorgeous, beds were comfortable. Everything available that was need in kitchen.

It is a nice place to stay there. I have been stayed there during my trip with my family last year. We had a lot of fun there and can’t complain about anything. Our rooms were gorgeous, beds were comfortable. Everything available that was need in kitchen.

Hey there, i believe 3 day is $32 and 7 day is $54. That includes hippo slide, mini putt, and tube rentals.

We are hoping to stay here via FIL timeshare, so it's nice to read up on this resort prior to going.

I notice the site says it has a "12 acre waterpark" is that included or do you pay for it? I've read lots talking about paying for water slides, lazy river and mini golf, is that for everyone? The price above, is that per person for the 3 day or 7 day price?

Thanks!

Hoping to reopen this thread!
I have stayed at Orange Lake-River Island twice, pool view 2 bedroom on upper floor. Love the view, love the screen porch, love the villa.

My needs may be a bit different this holiday trip, so I have a few questions.

How do they work grocery DELIVERY? Who delivers to there.
I entered resort address in for Walmart delivery and they did not recognize it.

Does anyone know approximately what UBER might cost to Magic Kingdom or to Sea World?

Can I request extra kitchen items? Additional pots and pans, electric kettle or skillet or crock pot?

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!