Orange Lake or HGVC at Sea World

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
If both of these facilities were available to you for the week you wanted, which would you choose? I am considering using a week that will expire this year just for a Fri and Saturday stay and then moving to our DVC on Sunday when we check out. It will save our DVC points and make it so that the week doesn't just go to waste. We would be booking a 2-bedroom unit.

Also, there was a huge list of resorts that had availability for our week, is tehre anywhere else I should seriously consider. We have stayed at Vistana before, so not in a hurry to go back there.

We've stayed at both and liked the HGVC SW MUCH BETTER then OLCC. HGVC is a nice location, not too big, nice pools, lots for the kids to do, on-site movie theater and crouquet, all newer units. We did not like OLCC. It is located way out of the way, the resort is huge and you have to drive to everything, and our location was old and dirty. If you are really into golf then maybe you should look at it. Others have had a better experience with OLCC but not us.

Hilton Grand Vacation Club hands down.

easier to get around, more swimming pools per villa, across the street from SW....

plus it is a hilton - so it has some stuff that only hilton does....

their tubs - I just love the mini-waterfall in the whirlpool tub....it is different!

big TV's in all their livingrooms. Orange lake still have the little ones.

okay I didn't take as many pictures of HGVC as I first though - but here are my few ones...
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/spice...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

I thought the HGVC looked newer and nicer, but I wasn't sure what type of problem the drive would be if you were spending most of your time at WDW.

Also, it has been a long time since I traded with RCI, up to what point do I have that I can cancel and still get my exchange fee back. Or do you even get it back?

the drive is not a problem at all. you are right next to I4 - Disney DD is the next exit down... coming back you need to exit for SW and just stay on the road...

or you can do International South...

either way WDW is around 7 to 15 minutes.

I think if you cancel within 3 days you get the entire thing back????
after that you get $49 up until so many days 90???? then you get nothing back and your week loses alot of its trade value. So if you think you will cancel just get the insurance.

We have recently stayed at both and prefer HGVC at SW over OLCC. It was just nicer and more convenient.

Thanks for the responses, HGVC it is. Do I nned to request a specific area, or will I be pretty happy with wherever they put us. It is not that important to me to be close to a swimming pool, but I don't really want to be overlooking a dumpster either.

We just got back from HGVC at Seaworld this morning.We had originally exchanged into OLCC but changed after reading some not so great reports and also the fact that it is very spread out. We requested a unit close to the main areas and were in Somerset which was right next to the pools and reception area. Our balcony overlooked the lake to the side and we could watch the Kraken and tower at Seaworld. We could also walk out and get the I ride trolley if we did not want to take the car. We had a 2 bedroom lockout unit and it was spacious and well maintained. It is a very nice resort and we were more than happy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter