Orange County Fl may lift mask mandate by June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney won’t change their mask mandate based on what Orange County does. When Disney lifts it, it will be based on CDC recommendations. Makes zero difference if the county has one or doesn’t.

There won’t be any impact on WDW policy due to this.

Did you also predict the loosening of the mask restrictions while taking photos that just was announced? Because then I'd trust an opinion like yours.

Disney will keep mask requirements of some kind in place for quite some time. Eliminating them would not help them towards their ultimate goal of increasing capacity while mitigating risk.
I think by July - maybe sooner - they will go to a recommendation to wear masks but not a mandate. You can see by them allowing you to take pics without a mask that, they are moving in that direction. It will be hard to enforce this policy and will quickly lead to masks being optional.

Maybe Memory Maker sales were dropping like a rock? Demasking will likely drive sales?
I am not sure who was buying into Memory Maker while having to do so wearing masks? We get Memory Maker each year but opted not to get it this year, for that very reason. We don't go till July - so maybe we'll reconsider...I just think this is the precursor to a non-mandatory mask policy which will go into effect by Summer.

I think by July - maybe sooner - they will go to a recommendation to wear masks but not a mandate. You can see by them allowing you to take pics without a mask that, they are moving in that direction. It will be hard to enforce this policy and will quickly lead to masks being optional.
Oh I agree that they will relax the policy by this summer with the new CDC guidelines that are coming. I'm saying that some kind of mask requirement will still be in place in order to increase capacity sooner and easier, such as required while indoors with 3 feet distance as is expected per CDC as someone else mentioned, and in places where unable to socially distance.

Definitely feel for the cast members who will have to enforce whatever guidelines there are. Not going to be easy, but at least in the parks they've been doing a stellar job.

Oh I agree that they will relax the policy by this summer with the new CDC guidelines that are coming. I'm saying that some kind of mask requirement will still be in place in order to increase capacity sooner and easier, such as required while indoors with 3 feet distance as is expected per CDC as someone else mentioned, and in places where unable to socially distance.

Definitely feel for the cast members who will have to enforce whatever guidelines there are. Not going to be easy, but at least in the parks they've been doing a stellar job.
I agree - Disney and Cast Members in specific have done a stellar job at enforcing the mask rules - I think the guidelines will be relaxed to voluntary masks by July, if not sooner. I think the plexi-glass will remain for awhile but bringing the social distance acceptability down to 3 feet, accentually means - things are pretty close to normal, as far as people standing close to one another. I know at WDW we are packed into ride areas like sardines sometimes but 3 feet is pretty much a green light for normalcy. Just don't think Disney would allow no masks for pictures without a follow up of voluntary masks soon after...it will be too hard to enforce - and I am sure they have thought this out.

We are going in October. I’m hoping that the mask requirements will be relaxed by then. I could see them making them mandatory for buses, boats, monorail, and Skyliner. I plan to wear my mask on transportation anyway. I could also see them making them mandatory when they can’t control social distancing, like for fireworks if they are brought back. We’ll see. I am glad to see that it is relaxed for picture taking. That’s a huge change, in my opinion.

Did you also predict the loosening of the mask restrictions while taking photos that just was announced? Because then I'd trust an opinion like yours.

One has nothing to do with the other. There are plenty of things that have loosened while Disney has stayed stringent. I would bet a lot of money that Disney will not allow guests to walk around freely without a mask until the CDC gives them the leeway to do so

LOL. I never said they wouldn’t loosen outdoor restrictions. They already allow you to remove your mask to eat and drink when stationary, now they’re letting you do it to take a photo too. That never violated CDC guidance, by the way. Stationary is key here.

CDC says to wear a mask outdoors if you are unable to keep proper distance. I don’t see Disney allowing people to walk completely freely outside without a mask until CDC changes that guidance.

They also aren’t going to allow people to go maskless indoors until CDC changes guidelines there. Firmly believe that.

LOL. I never said they wouldn’t loosen outdoor restrictions. They already allow you to remove your mask to eat and drink when stationary, now they’re letting you do it to take a photo too. That never violated CDC guidance, by the way. Stationary is key here.

CDC says to wear a mask outdoors if you are unable to keep proper distance. I don’t see Disney allowing people to walk completely freely outside without a mask until CDC changes that guidance.

They also aren’t going to allow people to go maskless indoors until CDC changes guidelines there. Firmly believe that.
My bet is on a July announcement of being able to walk around OUTSIDE without masks - a voluntary policy. This announcement that would be effective in July - announced in Late May would increase reservations 100 fold. Disney is looking to recoup loses as soon as possible, while still allowing people to be safe -no mask outdoors could be announced now and it would make sense. CDC or no CDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter