OR Velbon Sherpa, El Carmagne 530 or El Carmagne 540???

DisneySuiteFreak

DIS Veteran
Was interested in the Velbon Ultra Luxi or Ultra Maxi for a travel tripod, but haven't gotten any personal experience type feedback on it soo...What about these??? Do any of you have any personal experience using any of these? I really didn't want to spend $200-300 for another tripod, but I want a lightweight one tripod that I can throw in a backpack.
These are about 1 lb heavier that the Luxi or Maxi, so I'm not sure if I want to carry a 'portable travel tripod' quite that heavy. The only reason I'd get any of these is if I get really bad feedback on the Luxi/Maxi (since I already have a CF tripod) or I get really awesome feedback on these. I actually lifted one of these El Carmagne in the bag at the store, and I personally thought it was a lttle too heavy for a travel tripod for me. I'm a small person, so all this, plus the gear??? I don't want to end up leaving it because in the end it ends up being too heavy for me... Anway, I'd apreciate any feedback on these...
El Carmagne 530: http://www.amazon.com/Velbon-Carmag...7529456?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1190532719&sr=1-1
El Carmagne 540: http://www.amazon.com/Velbon-Carmag...7529456?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1190532928&sr=1-1
Velbon Sherpa 600RF: http://www.amazon.com/Velbon-Sherpa...7529456?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1190532841&sr=1-1

Thanks!

I have a velabon maxi, it works ok. It is light, but not superlight like the CF ones, the problem is with my XT and 70-200 f/2.8 non IS it is maxed out on what it will hold IMO, with my impending upgrade to a xxD it will not hold the new set up, at least not without causing me a great deal of concern. I have been very happy with it, and if your set up is light enough it would be great.

As for the others, sorry, I don't have any personal experience.

I have a velabon maxi, it works ok. It is light, but not superlight like the CF ones, the problem is with my XT and 70-200 f/2.8 non IS it is maxed out on what it will hold IMO, with my impending upgrade to a xxD it will not hold the new set up, at least not without causing me a great deal of concern. I have been very happy with it, and if your set up is light enough it would be great.

As for the others, sorry, I don't have any personal experience.

Thanks Master Mason! :)

I have a Velbon Maxi 347, since it is not one of the ones you mentioned I didn't feel qualified to give feedback on those models.
The Velbon Maxi's are ok but since you already have a good tripod that weighs only about 2 lb more than the "just ok" tripods I would carry the good one.

I have a Velbon Maxi 347, since it is not one of the ones you mentioned I didn't feel qualified to give feedback on those models.
The Velbon Maxi's are ok but since you already have a good tripod that weighs only about 2 lb more than the "just ok" tripods I would carry the good one.

Thanks boBQuincy!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter