Opinions wanted: POP or Hilton Bonnet Creek?

Should I stay at POP Century or Hilton Bonnet Creek?

• Hilton Bonnet Creek

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Pop Century

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pepperandchips

[melinda]
Hi DISers! I am planning a long weekend December 19-22 at Disney before heading further south for family holiday celebrations. It will just be me and my partner (so two 30ish adults) and while I am normally a deluxe resort type gal, I am trying not to go too ritzy this trip. I LOVE the Swan/Dolphin for their luxurious rooms and proximity to the parks, and we recently stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and I loved that resort just as much as the on-property deluxes we've stayed in.

For about a $30 difference ($10 per night), I can stay at either Hilton Bonnet Creek or POP Century with Orbitz discounts. I love staying on property, but I've never stayed in a value, so I'm not sure I will be happy there at over $160 per night. Which would you do? Stay on property in a less luxurious room, or go with the added luxury and pay an extra $10 per night? This math has already factored in the parking and resort fee at Hilton Bonnet Creek (and the resort fee may be included by booking through LMTClub.com - it's always been waived at the Swan/Dolphin in the past when I booked through them). I also checked park hours for the EMH schedule and it looks like right now all EMH are mornings - so we likely wouldn't use them. (Not morning people!!!)

What would you do?

Thanks for all input!
Melinda

Since it is a short weekend trip I chose Pop for the transportation in order to maximize your park time.

I'd do Bonnet Creek, I'm a deluxe gal and have found the two times I've stayed at values I was wishing I'd just stayed off site. I wouldn't pay $160 a night for a value, no way. I've never paid more than $90. I'm assuming you have a car? I've never stayed off site but I've heard good things about Bonnet Creek and for all practical purposes it is on site so driving might actually be faster than the buses anyway.

Thanks, guys. @loves to dive I am going to have to go with you (and my gut) - I just can't imagine being as happy at POP as I would be at the Hilton. I ended up crunching the numbers about 5 times and booked the Hilton Bonnet Creek including taxes for $375.00 for 3 nights. POP with the 15% orbitz discount and including tax would have been $537.93. The parking at the Hilton is $18.00 ($26 to valet) and resort fee is $25. With tax, that's $45.80 per night in required upcharges at the Hilton, but I'm still saving right around $25.00 and getting what I think will be a more luxurious resort. We don't use the Disney buses enough to consider them an added value and we have APs so we don't pay to park at the parks. Just wanted to follow up in case this is helpful to others in the future!

Thanks again!

For such a short trip I would choose Pop...no wait, I'd stay Off-site. (I voted for Pop but I change my vote, lol).

I do think you'll be happier off-site. The parks will be crazy crazy busy during your trip so it will be unfortunate to not be able to take advantage of morning EMH but I can't imagine staying at Pop during that time (Heh). We stayed at CSR last trip which is known as the "Deluxe at a Mod price" and for what I'm used to, I'd call it a Value resort (the rooms specifically), so I don't think I could personally stay at Pop and it sounds like you'd be happier elsewhere as well. Just enjoy the time you do have in the parks and do what you can to maximize your time there. Then at the end of the long day you'll have a nice, quiet resort to go back to. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter