Opinions please!!

fallen_angel727

Here you leave today and enter the world of yester
Now I know we aren't leaving for almost a year :sad: but DH is VERY excited to try the deluxe dining plan - we plan on eating more so than rides and such. So he made this list. I must explain that I have NEVER seen him this excited about any trip we've ever taken, so here are his picks (in no particular order since I don't know which parks we'll be doing on which days)...what do you all think?

Yak & Yeti
Jiko
Captain's Grill (breakfast)
Le Cellier (lunch) - we'll switch this to Yachtsman for dinner if we can't get LeCellier
Kona (breakfast)
California Grill
Raglan Road
Liberty Tree Tavern (MNSSHP night)
Boma (breakfast)
Sanaa
Sci-Fi Dine in (tried 50s PT last trip, and wanted something new)
Narcoossee
Hollywood Brown Derby (Fantasmic package)
'Ohana (LATE dinner following fantasmic - the goal is to get in around 9:30-9:45)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (breakfast)
Biergarten
Earl of Sandwich (OOP for the ride home)
Plenty of F&W booths

Question...would you suggest doing 'Ohana following fantasmic or California Grille? Both are open until 10pm so we can make it to both following an early fantasmic (which we would do with the F! dining package)

First of all, let me just say...my DH's fave thing about WDW is (if you ask him) the FOOD!!
In fact just the other night he got this smile on his face and I asked him why he was so happy and he said he was looking forward to our trip....I asked him what he was thinking about specifically? Yep, you guessed it..the food! He said Teppan Edo is his new fave..

That being said...we (when we do the Dining Plan) always do the Deluxe because we tend to eat dinner in a lot of Signature restaurants. This upcoming trip we're using the TIW card, but still to be honest, our park days are really figured around what restaurants we want to eat in when (we have some traditions for instance) and park hours etc...

Your DH's list is GREAT!
Some of our faves made it on there!:cool1:

Jiko, Kona Cafe (really good for any meal), Boma (more interesting at dinner, but breakfast is very good), Sanaa, Sci-Fi, Narcoossee's, Biergarten.

Some of our faves not on his list: Artist Point, San Angel Inn, Restaurant Marakkesh, Teppan Edo, Yachtsman Steakhouse (we did not like Le Cellier).

It's exciting that your DH is excited even if it is just about the food! ;)

Boma (more interesting at dinner, but breakfast is very good)

Completely agree about Boma's Dinner, but the plan was to try places we haven't tried before, or at least for a different meal than the previous trip...hence Boma breakfast, and the 'Ohana dinner!

Question...would you suggest doing 'Ohana following fantasmic or California Grille? Both are open until 10pm so we can make it to both following an early fantasmic (which we would do with the F! dining package)

I would probably do 'Ohana after Fantasmic opposed to California Grill. I tend to like to "freshen up" a bit before going to a Signature dinner, so it's be tough to see Fantasmic, get back to the hotel room, and then get over to the restaurant without feeling rushed. At 'Ohana, I don't mind going in my "theme park" attire (t-shirt, shorts).

Is you LTT a lunch or a dinner? There are two different menus and I highly recommend the lunch!

I would probably do 'Ohana after Fantasmic opposed to California Grill. I tend to like to "freshen up" a bit before going to a Signature dinner, so it's be tough to see Fantasmic, get back to the hotel room, and then get over to the restaurant without feeling rushed. At 'Ohana, I don't mind going in my "theme park" attire (t-shirt, shorts).

Is you LTT a lunch or a dinner? There are two different menus and I highly recommend the lunch!

Agree on LTT for lunch, not to mention, you don't want to spend valuable hard ticket event time eating. This is one night, I would not do a TS unless you can make the ADR for BEFORE 7:00.

By the way, I don't see Be Our Guest on the list. Is that an oversight or have you already done it?

LTT is Dinner, while I agree that Lunch looks better, DH wanted me to be able to have a Thanksgiving meal for once (we'll be there about a week before the Canadian Thanksgiving) since my jobs has me working all holidays and weekends so I never actually get to celebrate :sad2:

And I completely forgot about Be our Guest actually lol (and DH didn't know about it in his defense)...maybe I'll switch it for LTT (either one would have been an earlier sitting anyway as I don't want to miss any party time!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter