Opinions please...

jessicarabbituk

Mouseketeer
I will be travelling with my family to DLP at the end of the month. We have one day travel, a night at Sequoia and the a day at the parks the following day. Initially as recommended on here I was confident we'd spend our entire day in the Magic Kingdom but since doing a bit more research I've realised there's lots of closers and by potentially skipping the studios my Pixar loving 3 year old may be missing out on some of the best bits DLP has to offer. So my question is, can you feesable do a bit of both parks in a day? We will be there n a week day so I'm assured it will be fairly quiet.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)

yes you can - the gates of both parks are less than 5 minutes walk from each other, add another 10 minutes if you're walking from the back of the Studios or the main park to its gates. So on a quiet day you could park hop to your hearts content 2 or 3 times with no problems whatsoever :).

I've always found that it's nice to pop into the Studios for a little while -like an hour or two but it's mostly rollercoasters and other big rides so I definitely prefer the main park! There are a few little rides like the Slinky ride in the Toy Story Land and other nice things to look at, but you'll have plenty of time to fit it in :)

its definitely doable. when i am there we usually spend time at both parks each day.

for a three year old you will want to do the cars ride and toy story playland. he should also love stitch live so i would do that as well.

there are some other shows like anamagique, cinemagique and playhouse disney but im not sure you would have the time.

i think if you are going to try get both done then its best to have a good plan of action.

i would go do extra magic hours in the park at eight and get the rides in fantasyland done and the ones that are open in discoveryland.

after that i would head to the studios and get everything you want to do there.

then it should be around lunchtime so i would grab something at a counter service place and head back to the main park to do more rides and catch the parade and any meet or greets you want to do.

as soon as the schedule is out i would have a look at that to get an idea of what is going on that you don't want to miss.

Thank you for all the great advise.

Although when I looked at park opening for the 31st there didn't seem to be an EMH am I wrong, is there one every day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter