Opinions please re. Doubletree Suites / Regal Sun / Royal Plaza - DTD

TotallyAngelic

Disney Addict
HI

I am thinking of booking one of these resorts as we want to be within walking distance of DTD - has anybody stayed in any of these hotels, and can you give me any opinions / advice re. which one to choose. Thanks

We stayed at the royal plaza last May and did not like it. Our room smelled funny. The thing that kinda upset me were the buses they have to take you to the parks. When we booked it was supposed to be free but when we checked in we had to pay a "resort fee" which I was told was for the buses to operate. But the buses didnt come very often and sometimes wouldnt stop due to being full from the other DTD hotels. After staying here I promised my family that we were going to stay onsite from now on.

I haven't stayed at any of the DTD hotels but some have updated renovations within the past year. We are considering DTD Doubletree Guest Suites on are next trip because we maybe visiting Universal and Sea World along with WDW. I know the Doubletree receives solid good reviews on the DISboards and tripadvisor. They have just renovated their lobby/restaurant areas at the beginning of this year. I hoping I can find updated photos soon. The Regal Sun seems to have made their activities areas(pool etc.) more kid-family friendly.

We just stayed one night at the Royal Plaza in Feb. We arrived starving and even though the lunch buffet was coming to an end they were very willing to let the 9 of us eat and didn't rush us at all(and my dd4 was free). They have a breakfast buffet as well but we didn't get to try it. Hotel staff was very friendly and our 2 rooms were fine. We hung out at the pool then took their bus to DTD which we felt was much easier than trying to park two cars there on a busy Saturday evening. I had originally received an offer for this property through a mousesavers hot deal anouncement but actually booked an even lower rate through the hotel's website. I also just received an offer this week for Regal Sun for $99 through April(not sure when you are going).

Several years ago we stayed at the Hilton in DTD and had a great time there and we could also use EMH's which was a big plus and it is an easy walk across the street to DTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter