Opinions Please: Port or WDW?

marathonmommy

DIS Veteran
I am leaving PC for a Decmember 24 cruise. Flying into Orlando on 12/22. We own at DVC, so I was going to use my points for the two nights - but doing so on weekends is very expensive point wise. I might be better off getting the DVC discount at a resort instead. Don't plan on doing any of the parks for the two days we are there - maybe just DTD - so that is not a factor. Question - is there a nice enough hotel/resort (3-4 or more stars) that is right near the port? Is there enough to do for a 6 and 2 year old? Due to their ages, not sure how much they would get out of the space center, but could try it for a day. Or am I better off staying at WDW and using their transportation?

Thoughts?

We have lots to do here in the Cape area, if you need ideas I can help you out. Also it all depends on when you want to get onboard, Disney buses come in after boarding closer to 1-2pm. Either way have a wonderful time and goodluck!

2angelsinheaven said:
We have lots to do here in the Cape area, if you need ideas I can help you out. Also it all depends on when you want to get onboard, Disney buses come in after boarding closer to 1-2pm. Either way have a wonderful time and goodluck!

What time is the earliest you can board? I would like to get on as early as possible! Thanks so much for your help!

The terminal doors at the port open at 10:00, and the stated boarding time is noon, but they seem to start letting people on a little earlier.
We have had good luck with the Radisson in Cape Canaveral (Resort at the Port). They have a nice swimming pool, clean rooms, and a free shuttle to the Port.

We just stay at one of the Disney Value resorts. We will be at Pop Century this year for $79/night. We figure there are as many amenities for kids there as most of the 4 star hotels anywhere else. Since we drive down there, it's easier for us to stay away from PC though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter