Opinions on room for anniversary stay?

Where would you stay?

• Someplace else entirely!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wallawallakids

DIS Veteran
I was hoping for some help on where to stay for our anniversary. It’s our first trip without kids and we probably won’t make it back for several years so we really want this to be special. I like the proximity of the grand but love the space and newness of the villas. I just keep going back and forth on pros and cons of each. I thought it might be fun to have a poll and see which others would choose and why? Thanks.

That is a tough one because the villas are so nice and new. I love DLH but the walk feels so far at the end of the night. We've had a few awesome stays there, though, and made great memories. If you do stay there, consider adding club level for such a special trip.

That said...We just stayed at the Grand and I can't believe how wonderful it was lol. Being that close was amazing and the hotel itself feels very special. There are the nice restaurants and shops and it felt like a real treat to stay there. So I voted for the Grand, but I can see why you're having a tough time choosing!

Last edited:
I know tons of people love the grand, but it just isn’t for us. Our last stay there want the best and the room was pretty beat up. We were shocked.

We much prefer the DLH. The new villas look incredible. We hung out in the new tower lobby and just loved it. We also much prefer the grounds and the pool at the DLH. For us, the walk isn’t bad. In fact, our last trip we were not staying at the DLH, but we hung out there quite a bit. Lol.

I think you probably cannot go wrong with either choice. Have you watched any videos on both places? Have so much fun on your first no kid trip!! ☺️

I know tons of people love the grand, but it just isn’t for us. Our last stay there want the best and the room was pretty beat up. We were shocked.

We much prefer the DLH. The new villas look incredible. We hung out in the new tower lobby and just loved it. We also much prefer the grounds and the pool at the DLH. For us, the walk isn’t bad. In fact, our last trip we were not staying at the DLH, but we hung out there quite a bit. Lol.

I think you probably cannot go wrong with either choice. Have you watched any videos on both places? Have so much fun on your first no kid trip!! ☺️
What do they have in the lobby?

I agree. I also prefer the feel of VDH over Grand Cal.

I'm not sure how to answer this. I love both hotels, but GCH is my personal go-to. However, I've never stayed in the new vacation club part so that is something I plan to try down the road. I don't spend much time in the room but I do in the hotel itself. Hard to beat the Grand for that, but having a kitchen is probably a big draw, though I wouldn't think this would be as much of a perk for a couple anniversary, though.

Any chance you could get the Fairy Tale Suite? I have stayed in that one and it's absolutely awesome. It's also right next door to the concierge lounge, and lounge privileges are included. It's quite a bit less money than the other signature suites because it's only for 2, though the suite itself is large (the bathroom is HUGE!!!!). That would be my number 1 choice.video of FTS

GCH is my favorite for hanging out and proximity to places nearby that I like. I love the hotel amenities and dining options. IMO, it's more adult than DLH. That place, I feel, is wonderful for kids and was our go-to when the kids were little. Now (kids are grown and DH doesn't want to go), I usually go with my sister and we choose GCH.

Last edited:
That's a tough choice, but I would go with the 1 bedroom Villa. We stayed in that room for our anniversary this year and it was great. We loved having extra space (it was basically the size of a small apartment!), and the soaking tub was nice (albeit a bit small). I also loved the balcony.

I always wake up a bit earlier than DH, so it was nice to close the bedroom door and get started on breakfast each morning. We just made breakfast sandwiches...not a huge amount of effort, but my tummy appreciated not eating park food for all my meals. It was also kind of romantic! I felt like we were in college again, cooking in the smaller space. But then again, I get excited by odd things 🤣

Although, I agree with DizMe, the Fairytale Suite would be ideal! We were initially going to do that, but the room was booked for our dates. That would be the ultimate romantic Disney getaway in my book!

Thank you for all your help so far! I’m shocked that it’s 50/50. I guess that’s exactly how I feel.

The fairy tale suite is booked already, unfortunately. Otherwise, yes that would be nice. I guess I am slightly leaning toward the villa. I know it’s less romantic but we could do easy breakfast in our villa easily before rope drop which would be nice. And the bathroom in the one bedroom looks so inviting with that big tub.

Thank you again for your help!

Thank you for all your help so far! I’m shocked that it’s 50/50. I guess that’s exactly how I feel.

The fairy tale suite is booked already, unfortunately. Otherwise, yes that would be nice. I guess I am slightly leaning toward the villa. I know it’s less romantic but we could do easy breakfast in our villa easily before rope drop which would be nice. And the bathroom in the one bedroom looks so inviting with that big tub.

Thank you again for your help!
Honestly, you can't really go wrong! I hope you have a wonderful time and be sure to report back about it.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter