Opinions on Restaurant Choices?

JessicaFaye508

DIS Veteran
My family and I are going down to WDW in February from the 19th to the 27th, and I planned out our ADR's. We want to try things that we usually skip, so they're not our regulars.

I was just wondering if you guys could maybe give me some feedback on our choices, and let me know if there's anything you would change. We're getting the regular DDP.

Day 1 - Coral Reef (7:10 pm)
Day 2 - Liberty Tree Tavern (6:45)
Day 3 - Le Cellier Steakhouse (1:20)
Day 4 - Yak and Yeti (5:15)
Day 5 - Fulton's Crabhouse (6:10) (OOP)
Day 6 - Chef Mickey's (11:00 am)
Day 7 - Nine Dragon's (6:30 pm)

Keep in mind that we're a family of four.. I'm 17 and my brother is 14. So are all of these going to be fun restaurants for our family?

I think the only one I'm a little leary about is Chef Mickey's. Is there a better option do you think or should I keep it?

Also, if you have any tips or suggestions about the other places, that would be awesome.

Thank you! :wizard:

Okayy no one is responding yet....so I will! I loveee Chef Mickey's and it's good you're doing it for breakfast cuz I hear dinner is not so great. I've been for breakfast though and it's like normal breakfast food which is good and plus I know your not to FANCY. :laughing: Also, the character's are greattt there. :) I'm doing Coral Reef for the first time in July so let me know how it is! And I love Le Cellier and Fulton's so that will be GREAT :) Nine Dragons is also really good and the atmosphere is really cool. You're gonna love that place. I'm trying Yak n' Yeti in August for the first time so let me know how that is too! I hear it's SOOO good though! And lastly, Liberty Tree Tavern....how I love that place. It's like classic Disney. :) You're gonna have so much fun! All those places are really family friendly too. Overall, they are GREATTT! :) :) YAY FOOD. <3

By the way, if you're still leary of Chef Mickey's but still want a character meal with Mickey & friends you could do Ohana breakfast at the Poly or Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. But I think Chef Mickey's is a good choice.

We liked the Coral Reef. It's fun and we thought the food was much better than reported by other posters.

Le Cellier is fantastic. They have great steaks. You have to try the cheddar cheese soup.

I've never been to 9 Dragons. The food there is often reported as being average. If you haven't tried Restaurant Marrakesh, it has great food and the entertainment is a lot of fun. Teppan Edo is also a lot of fun, if you've never been to a Japanese steak house. I would choose one of them over 9 Dragons.

I've been to Chef Mickey's for breakfast. It was ok, I would like The Garden Grill better.

It's been 15 years since I've been to Fulton's so I can't comment on that or your other choices. I love Disney restaurants, so you can't really go wrong no matter what you choose. I'm sure you'll have fun.

I would think twice about Chef Mickey's. There are better character meals out there.

Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare and even the Garden Grill at Epcot. That one might be a nice place for you and you're family. Character interaction is great and very personal. And the floor of the garden Grill revolves!

Chef Mickey's is okay...but it's an absolute madhouse!!!

Coral Reef is good. The aquarium is neat.

Have you thought about Whispering Canyon Cafe? My kids (12, almost 13 and 11) love it. Great milkshakes (on DDP) and awesome skillet and ribeye! Great atmosphere as well.

Nine Dragons was the worst meal I've ever had in WDW. I'd suggest Restaurant Marakesh instead. We love it. So much I even bought the cookbook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter