Opinions on P. Orleans

Mickey1

Mouseketeer
HI,

I am wondering if any of y'all have stayed at the PO...either Riverside or French Quarter and what do you think? How is it compared to the CBR? We have been staying at the WL for the past few trips and are looking to save a little $$ on the next trip and are looking into PO...we have stayed at CBR in the past but would like to compare. Do the PO have a hot tub? How are the rooms? Thanks so much!!!!!!! :)

POR---Loved the mansions, hated Aligator Bayou.

I've stayed at both POR and CBR. Honestly, it's hard to compare. I loved both resorts for different reasons. POR was VERY laid back. The landscaping was beautiful. Walking to and from your room was a treat....a nice stroll. CBR was so bright and festive. Good thing you've stayed there because I'm not sure how to describe it...just sort of a feel-good place.

Jess

We stayed at WL last October after several stays at POR and PO-FQ. We did WL because we got the Fairy Tale Package so we thought we'd splurge. It was nice, but not worth the extra money to me. We really were unimpressed with the food court (Roaring Forks) and the Disney transportation. (Our first on property stay was at CBR, but I really didn't like it. It was years ago, before they redid the food court. Also, it rained a lot on that visit and we had a long walk to our building. So, with a 2 year old and a DH with the flu, it was a bad situation. I'm probably not in a good position to compare CBR just because of an overall less than perfect trip.)

PO-FQ is my favorite of all of those. It's smallish and very comfortable. You're never far from anything. We're staying there again in April. Transportation was always great. There is a boat to Downtown Disney from about 4:00 p.m. 'til very late (I'm assuming they'll resume that). I understand they are reopening on March 21, so we'll need to read the reports. With all the refurbishment, it should be wonderful and new feeling.

My 9 yo DD's favorite is POR. She is a little disappointed we're not staying there in April. We've always stayed in the Alligator Bayou section since I liked the theming better than the Mansions. Always in Buildings 14 or 15 - very close to the food court and the main bus stop. The main pool is larger and there are several quiet pools (which we never used). The main pool has a nice slide which may be a little longer than the serpent tongue slide at POFQ. The playground area is definitely nicer and bigger (better for older children) than the POFQ play area. The food court is also larger and there is a full service restaurant. (I believe that the full service restaurant at POFQ will stay closed.)

POR and POFQ are sister resorts, so you can use both pools, etc. One of the only places where pool hopping is allowed (only between the two). Also, POR is the place where you would rent bikes and also has a small marina and fishing hole. The marina at POFQ closed and I believe is staying closed. Although the boat to Downtown Disney is to be reinstated (it's just an extra stop on the way to/from POR).

I highly recommend either of POR or POFQ. Enjoy your trip.

thanks all for the feedback...it is so hard when you want to try a new resort but are scared to make that leap.....you don't spend ALL day in the rooms anyway....but your feedback REALLY helped....thanks so much!

Stayed at POR May 2002 and addored it. After staying there vowed to always stay on property if possible.
It is such a relaxing resort. You truly feel like you are on two seperate vacations. The park one and then the beautiful resort grounds. The theming is wonderful. You are really swept away to another place.
Just booked POFQ for April and hope that we love it just as much.

yes...POR has a hot tub. We liked the POR pool. One advantage, for those with young kids (like us) to the POR pool, over the CBR pool...it was easier to keep tabs on the kids. When we were at CBR, my oldest was a new non- vest swimmer. It was hard to keep him in my sight in the CBR pool. My youngest wanted to be by the stairs and my oldest wanted to be by the waterfall. I couldn't see both of them att he same time. Otherwise, I think the CBR pool is slightly more attractive.

Jess

We just got back from POR. We loved it. We stayed st CBR last year. The whole time we were there we were trying to decide which one we liked better. We love the tropical, island feel of CBR, and the brightly colored buildings. POR is not as tropical feeling, but it is beautiful. My kids liked the pool at POR better. My DH and I thought the hot tub was waaayyy too small for this resort. There's only one and there definitely needs to be at least one more. Where CBR has beautiful, white sand beaches, POR has beautifully manicured lawns in the mansion section. AB has more of a woodsy feel to it and the buildings are made to look like lodges. We liked the food in the POR food court much better than that at CBR. POR has the River Roost lounge where Bob Jackson performs which is a lot of fun. And the boat to Downtown Disney is definitely a perk. Did I help or did I confuse you more;)

YOu helped!! :) Thank you for all the feedback....it is making me want to go to DISNEY today!!!!! Thanks again!

I have stayed in all 4 moderates and a few of the deluxes including the WL. I have found that POFQ is my least favorite of the moderates. I thought it was a bit bland on the exterior and the whole resort looked the same where ever you went. I did like the interior but those have changed in the remodel. It had only the one pool that was quite crowded and the food court was the least impressive visualy and foodwise. It was nice that is was smaller than the other 3 and it was very convenient to get around. As far as the other 3 go, my favorite seems to be which ever is the last one I stayed in:p POR is very pretty and has four different mansion homes as well as three styles of Alligator Bayou dwellings. While it is spread out it has plenty of paths and bridges to get you to the main area. There just seems to be lots of atmospher here, particularly on warm evenings. There are loads of trees and gardens that make it seem like each area and section are off on its own. The colors are muted and soft with lots of browns and tans and greys and blues along with bricks of differing colors.
At CBR the resort surrounds a lake so there are large expansive views across to the super colorful buildings. The roofs are all tin and different colors as well. There are five villages with five kinds of exterior architecture and color schemes. It feels more lively here with boats buzzing around in the water and playgrounds at each of the 5 beaches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter