Opinions on likelihood of MNSSHP starting on Aug 25

Donop26

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving on Aug 25 and stayin until 8/31. I have noticed that MK hours on the 25th and 29th both end at 7:00 and no Happily Ever After fireworks are listed for those nights. The other nights of my trip MK is open until 9:00 with Happily listed at 9:00.

I know hours can (and likely will) change as my trip gets closer, however, this makes me very suspicious that these may be Halloween party nights.

I was hoping to get a reservation CRT for our first night, but now I'm hesitant to as I would rather save it for a night I can see Happily Ever After.

We are not interested in attending the Halloween party. We are staying at the GF so I would just watch Hallowishes from there.

Any thoughts or opinions on whether my suspicions could be correct would be really appreciated as my ADR window opens Sunday.

The thing is that a couple years ago it looked like there was going to be a party early in September based on the original park hours that were released, but it ended up not being the case. I think the best guess at this moment is maybe.

We will be arriving on Aug 25 and stayin until 8/31. I have noticed that MK hours on the 25th and 29th both end at 7:00 and no Happily Ever After fireworks are listed for those nights. The other nights of my trip MK is open until 9:00 with Happily listed at 9:00.

We will be there the same week, and I got the park hours off the TA calendar probably about a month ago. At that time, all of the park hours were listed except for MK during the week we are there. I thought that was odd. Clearly something was up in the air as far as park hours that week, so perhaps there is something to that. I wouldn't be surprised if they started MNSSHP earlier than usual to maximize it. They did this with F&W. I guess we'll see!

Yes, but F&W is starting in August this year for the first time, so you never know.
Yes, that is exactly why I am a bit suspect about the early MK close on those 2 dates. Along with the fact that Fridays and Tuesdays have generally been MNSSHP party nights.

Yes, but F&W is starting in August this year for the first time, so you never know.
Yeah that kind of blew my date plans out of the water. I was trying to avoid Food and Wine festival so I was going to go in the first half of Sep versus the middle...except they decided to start August 31st...I still decided to do first half rather than last half of September.

They also started MNSSHP September 2nd last year instead of mid-September so they could decide to keep it as starting basically beginning of September or push it to start earlier.

I hope so! 8/25 is the last night of our trip and I would love to be able to squeeze the party in. We haven't been to MNSSHP since 2010 and our kids are now at the perfect ages (13, 9, 5) that I think they'd just have a blast. We're just not able to go in September/October anymore ... too hard to miss school and activities. This would be a nice surprise to get a halloween party in!

Although usually by end of August I'm in denial that summer is over and the last thing I want to think about is halloween and fall, but I'll make an exception this year! ;-)

I hope so! 8/25 is the last night of our trip and I would love to be able to squeeze the party in. We haven't been to MNSSHP since 2010 and our kids are now at the perfect ages (13, 9, 5) that I think they'd just have a blast. We're just not able to go in September/October anymore ... too hard to miss school and activities. This would be a nice surprise to get a halloween party in!

Although usually by end of August I'm in denial that summer is over and the last thing I want to think about is halloween and fall, but I'll make an exception this year! ;-)
I hear you on the kids not missing school/activities, plus I am off the summer as well and go back when the kids do. We used to love going in September, just not feasible anymore. That is why we push our trip to as late in August as possible.

We attended MNSSHP back in 2011, we did enjoy it, especially the parade and fireworks. Halloween is actually my favorite holiday. However, my kids are 16, 15 and 11 now. As much as they adore Disney, they asked if they could go to Universal as they have never been. So, we extended our trip for two nights to stay onsite there before checking into Disney. With the additional cost of the Universal stay, I just wouldn't add the cost of the party, especially at their age.

I hope for your sake it is starting the 25th. I can always change a dining reservation and enjoy Hallowishes from the beach. This may be your opportunity to do it again, so fingers crossed for you!

Last edited:
We will be arriving on Aug 25 and stayin until 8/31. I have noticed that MK hours on the 25th and 29th both end at 7:00 and no Happily Ever After fireworks are listed for those nights. The other nights of my trip MK is open until 9:00 with Happily listed at 9:00
Hi, on which calendar did you see this info? I'm having a tough go of it planning my trip during the same time. :upsidedow

I think to play it safe, I would schedule your CRT dinner for another night. I'm not sure how you're arriving, but if you are flying in, IMHO, I would be hesitant to book an expensive pre-pay meal on your arrival day anyway. Perhaps schedule a dinner for for 1900 or GF Cafe and go from there? If they change the park hours, it means CRT dining may open up as well, so perhaps make a back-up plan and then solidify your plans once MNSSHP dates are released. My gut is, MNSSHP will start the last week of August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter