Opinions on Cozumel port adventures

jjje

One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to d
I'm looking into several port adventures in Cozumel for our upcoming cruise and they all seem to involve dune buggies for some reason. :) Anyone ever done any of these and have any thoughts on them you would like to share?

1. All Terrain Buggy And Snorkel At Punta Sur National Park

2. Dune Buggy and Beach Snorkel Combo

3. Off Road Adventure To Jade Caverns (This is the one my kids really want so I'm hoping to hear it's great!)

We did the Dune Buggy one a few years ago and it was a blast! We will be doing it again next time (DH already declared this) as our last time on Cozumel was adults only and DD will be there this time.

The dune buggy is a stick shift so if you want to drive, you need to be able to handle that. Also, you may be asked to share a buggy if there are less than 3 people in your party as they seat 4 comfortably.

The weather was a little rough when we did it so the snorkling wasn't great. The current is also pretty strong at the location they take you too. The view was really good though.

Oh, good tip on the stick shift. Thank you! The one time I tried to drive a stick shift I nearly got stung by a bee and almost crashed the car. (I was a ridiculous teenager.) My husband would have to do the driving on that one.

My husband and son did #3 Jade Caverns in February of this year. They had fun, but said they would not repeat. The vehicles were hard to steer and extremely bumpy. My husband has been on ATVs a lot, and said regular ATVs are much better than these vehicles. They both got covered in dust and mud. At Jade Caverns, they said not many people went in because it was so dark in there you couldn't see the water, and that it was slightly creepy. It was a good adventure, but not one they'd want to repeat.

Thank you both! I have a little one that gets freaked out by the dark so I may have to do some rethinking on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!