Opinions on a date?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Jaina, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Jaina

Jaina Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long, VMK story.

I'm breaking my brain this afternoon, and really need to go make dinner. If you were going to do one day in Disneyland, with a bunch of kids who usually go to bed at 7/8, and hope for lower crowds (Friday vs Sat at least), would you do a Tuesday, Friday or Saturday the last week of Feb/first week of March, or a Wednesday on like May 1st? None of them seem ideal. Is Saturday really quieter than Fridays or Mondays because of passholder block outs? That's not what the crowd calendars I'm seeing say...

2. Cal-Pie

Cal-Pie I admit that in the past I've been a nasty

Wednesday, May 1! The slowest day I've ever seen was a Wednesday in the 1st week of May a couple years ago.

smartlabelprint, Jaina and DLgal like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. DLgal

DLgal DIS Veteran

I agree.

Jaina likes this.
  5. SOCALMouseMommy

SOCALMouseMommy DIS Veteran

Definitely Wednesday!

Jaina likes this.
  6. WebmasterMaryJo

WebmasterMaryJo Techarita Staff Member Administrator

I'd go with May over March for one day.

smartlabelprint and Jaina like this.
  7. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

If crowds are your only consideration, then I'd also go with the Wednesday in early May. Being non-peak season, the trade-off likely means short hours and limited nighttime entertainment.

8. Jaina

Jaina Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long, VMK story.

Okay, you guys have all pretty much convinced me. It's a long time to wait, but the closer to 3 my youngest DD is (she turns 3 in July) probably the better she'll do with lines and such (hopefully). Also, I would love for my older kids to get to see nighttime entertainment, but still having an almost-3 and 5-year-old that normal go to bed at 7, and are up at like 5:30-6 no matter when they go to bed, (all my kids) I don't see us being super up for the nighttime entertainment anyway yet. I'm thinking in 2 more years we can stay a late night or two! I do wonder when the park will open though. Looking at the past few years it looks like anyone's guess! 8 AM would be dreamy (for us), since my kids will be up at 6 anyway... ;-) That seems SO far away, but at the same time, I'm doing a Halloween party with my daughter in a couple weeks(!) and I'm also tentatively planning a one day trip to CA with my sister (she hasn't been to CA since 2005!) the end of November, so I'll probably survive...

Another question: Can you tell when tickets are going to expire before you buy them? Like if I just wanted to buy 9-10 one-day value day tickets?

9. ExcitedMama

ExcitedMama DIS Veteran

If it helps @Jaina my kids are exactly the same. They are up at dawn no matter how late they stay up. When she was about 3/4 my DD would nap on me in the park during the day at shows or the train and while waiting for fireworks. Our trip last month we actually went from RP to park close at midnight for the first time because they were having so much fun and didn’t want to leave. They were almost 6 and 8.5 so before you know it they might be wearing you out and staying out late! You could always try having your DD nap during the wait. My DD last year slept through the parade at MHP and I woke her up for fireworks.

smartlabelprint and Jaina like this.