Opinions about using 2 TS credits at Narcoossees

boomersmom

Mouseketeer
We will be at WDW in October. Our 15th anniversary happens to fall during our trip. My husband and I ate at Narcoossees on our honeymoon and we are thinking of returning there for our anniversary (we have purchased the Dining Plan). My question is: Do you think it is worth 2TS credits? My two sons will not lilke anything on the menu. They will be 11 and 14. Would they be able to order from the children's menu? Would we have to use 2 TS credits for each of them? That would definitely be a waste.

If you use your Dining Plan you will have to use 2TS for each of you. If they won't eat the Adult meals, then yes it is a huge waste.

Would you be comfortable leaving them at Gasparilla's grill and the arcade while you and your husband have dinner at Narcoosse's. That way they could use their CS for their meal, you and your husband could enjoy an adult meal.

Of course money for the arcade might end up costing more than the meal. :thumbsup2

So even if they just wanted an appetizer, we would have to use the Dining Plan credit? We couldn't just pay for their part of the meal ourselves?

boomersmom said:
So even if they just wanted an appetizer, we would have to use the Dining Plan credit? We couldn't just pay for their part of the meal ourselves?

I'm pretty sure you can just choose to not use the credits and pay out of pocket if they don't want the whole 3 course deal.

Although personally, I think Sammie is on to something!

This is a little off track, but would you leave your children alone at the Arcade? I know it's WDW, but I am a little over protective. I'm sure they would love this idea.

boomersmom said:
This is a little off track, but would you leave your children alone at the Arcade? I know it's WDW, but I am a little over protective. I'm sure they would love this idea.

That all depends on you, your kids, and the level of responsibility they are used to. It's hard to say when they are at that in between age (my kids are younger than yours). Is the older responsible enough to look after the younger?

But as for your original question-- sorry, didn't mean to run us off track... I'm pretty sure you can save the credits and pay cash for part of the meal, unless something has changed recently.

How about getting them dinner or even room service before you go and then leaving them in the room. I've done this with rules to chain the door and not open except for us on our return. Of course you know your o wn kids best. Do they get along? Can you trust them to follow your rules? Which hotel are you staying in and how far is it from Narcoosee's? Are you comfortable leaving them? When I've done this we were at the BWV and we ate at the Flying Fish and took our cell phone.

boomersmom said:

As Jen said it depends on your kids, but yes we have left nephews and nieces at the food areas/arcades and Gaspirilla's is very close to Narcoossee's. It would depend on their level of being trustworthy, are they dependable to stay there in the restaurant/arcade, not sure if you are familar with this area but it's one large room. The Grill is at one end, the arcade the other. That they would stay together. There are restrooms there in the grill/arcade area. That they would not leave the grill and wonder around the grounds. And of course there are Disney CMs working the grill.

So yes if you have 2 responsible young men that would stay put, know how to handle a situation if it arose, then we have done this.

Do you have a cell phone you could leave them? Personally I would feel more comfortable them being in a public place such as this with other families and kids around and close to where I was eating, then in the room alone at another resort, especially at this age.

You can pay out of pocket for the kids at narcoosee's if you wish.
No. I would not leave them in the arcade alone at ages 11 and 14.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter