Open Table vs. Disney ADRS

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by mouselike-harrier, Dec 11, 2016.

1. mouselike-harrier

mouselike-harrier Mouseketeer

I need to change an ADR time on my reservation at Disney Springs, but Disney tells me that the times I want are unavailable. I noticed the restaurant is on Open Table and lo and behold my times are there. I know this may sound dumb, but am I okay with rebooking on Open Table?

ConnecticutNonna likes this.
  2. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

Yes. You are fine.

Most restaurants using OT only release 20-30% of their times to Disney. You can still pay however you want, including DDP, with an Open Table rez.

3. Confederate Scott

Confederate Scott Disney Obsession

I would book the reservation on open table and then cancel your one through Disney. I assume you aren't within 24 hours of the reservation, thus not risking the Disney cancellation fee. Personally if a restaurant is available through Open Table I'd choose that over booking through the Disney

4. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Anal Annie

Anal Annie at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it

We use Open Table for Disney reservations a lot if they participate. More times available and no credit card guarantee.

6. ConnecticutNonna

ConnecticutNonna DIS Veteran

Absolutely,
    Book your new ADR is in place with OT, and then cancel your ADR with Disney, otherwise you will have to pay a non cancellation fee if you forget!

7. wilkeliza

wilkeliza DIS Veteran

Just remember if you cancel with little notice or no show for Open table they can ban your account for a specific amount of time. We had to stop booking for our in laws on our open table account because we got locked out for their no shows.

It is still much better than using Disney for Disney Springs ADRs.

ConnecticutNonna likes this.