Open Port Orleans Already!-Opening OCT 14th & 28th!!!!

HairyChest

DIS Veteran
Come on Disney. You can close Coronado and Caribbean Beach I don’t care, just please open one of your most stunning resorts. At least open the walkways and shop. I just want to walk amongst the beauty. It’s been a staple of all my trips to visit there and walk the grounds. I’m begging you! Anyone else with me?

✨✨MAJOR NEWS EDIT:✨✨
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside opening Oct. 14
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter opening Oct. 28
🎉🎉🎉woooohoooo!!!!!! We did it guys!!!!!!!!!🎉🎉🎉

Last edited:
Disney needs to increase ride capacity first, so Disney can then increase theme park capacity.

Cannot do this until COVID is under control, which happens when the overwhelming majority are vaccinated.

So if you want Port Orleans to open, go get vaccinated. :)

My daughter has dreamed of getting engaged or married in the gazebo outside Magnolia Terrace for years. We're about to go in June and little does she know, she will be getting engaged but it won't be there. (definitely not getting married at WDW) We're staying at Swan because I didn't want to stay at CBR or CSR.

My home resort. If it opened tomorrow I would be there working from old man Island. Sadly my prediction is we won't see Riverside for a while if ever. FQ maybe due to its size might have a chance. Just be prepared for bad news on PO. Gonna be years before intl travel will resume to fill rooms.

My home resort. If it opened tomorrow I would be there working from old man Island. Sadly my prediction is we won't see Riverside for a while if ever. FQ maybe due to its size might have a chance. Just be prepared for bad news on PO. Gonna be years before intl travel will resume to fill rooms.
Wow is it that bad? I had no idea. I had heard horticulture was still there maintaining the grounds. So not even a chance for the 50th?

Wow is it that bad? I had no idea. I had heard horticulture was still there maintaining the grounds. So not even a chance for the 50th?

Of course they will maintain it. If they haven't announced a restart date now I would say October is a no.

Aw man! I’ve only ever stayed at Value resorts, but POFQ was on my bucket list. I’m glad I got to take my sister on a little walking tour of it last time we went, NOLA is her favorite place.

Hopefully things pick up enough over the next year or two to reopen it.

We have Coronado booked. Originally before covid we were going to stay in the tower. But now a regular room to stay more nights. We loved POFQ and were tempted to stay in riverside this time if it opens. Sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter