Oogie Boogie Bash Report: Sunday - 9/26/2021

evilmommie

Disneyland CM Alumna 80's-90's
Please enjoy my thoughts and pics of our party experience. Let me know if you have any questions. :smickey:

Cast of Characters: A group of six friends, all crazy adults who have a love of Disney. Two of us have worked for the mouse. Both of us in the 80's. I was a ride operations CM and my friend Chris was in the DLand band. We're all over the young age of 45 😜 and we all have raised our kids on the DLR/WDW as well. Now, our adult kids don't want to play in the parks anymore. so we've all bonded into a crazy mom & dad empty nest group. LOL

Transportation, parking & arrival: We all drove together in our friend's SUV (XL, black Lyft style..hahaha) Probably left So OC around 2ish, got to Mickey & Friends 2:30ish. No problem getting into the garage, plenty of parking was available. I wish the would bring garage attendants back into the structures. There were a fair amount of people entering due to the party that evening and people drive like crazy in those levels without supervision. We have a couple of Dream Key holders in the group, myself included so parking was covered. We breezed through security and were on our trek down to DCA.

Entry into OBB: As we made our way to the entrance of DCA, maybe right before WOD we all gasped as we saw the long, switchback line to enter the park. We turned on heel and beelined it over to the Grand Californian and headed over to their DCA entrance. Whewwww...that was a time saver. Yes, we had to go through a security check again, but it saved gobs of time getting our wristbands, treat bags and party map.

Dinner plans: We had dinner reservations for Wine Country Trattoria at 4:10, so we took a quick stroll around AC, as a few of our crew haven't seen it in it's completed state. Thor was out showing off. It was nice to see Iron Man out also, as he is one of the few characters that you aren't behind a partition to say hello and can take a pic standing right next to him. Didn't get a pic, as he was on his way for a refreshment break.
fullsizeoutput_d0.jpeg

Dinner details: We knew we had to plan a sit down dinner with the crew, as the husbands on this trip need a full meal to tackle the park or they get cranky. I call Wine Country Trattoria the Olive Garden of DLR. I don't mean any disrespect, as I love me some breadsticks, soup and salad at the OG it's just meant to say that don't expect some crazy, amazing Italian dinner. Although!! I will say this is one of the best meals we've had there to date! We started with a couple of orders of the rustic bruchetta for the table, a few people had cocktails and we ordered a bottle of Macmurray Pinor Noir. (so, good..Becca from Napa Rose turned us onto this PN). For entrees, we had two people order the vegetable lasagna with marinara instead of the Bolognese. I had the spaghetti with veggies, super fresh and light. My hubby had the bolognese spaghetti and the team across from us had the shrimp fettuccine and the chicken parm. Everyone was very satisfied with their choices and we rounded off the mail course with a red blend wine, don't remember the name. No pics...too busy chatting and eating. Mangia!

Start of the party: We literally rolled out of dinner...and 3 of us sloshed onto Guardians, as it was basically walk-on. Gosh, that ride is just amazing...I think that the Monsters after Dark version is super fun, but I just love me some Chris Pratt...and I like the music better in the "regular" version. The rest of the crew went off in search of treat trails and other spooky libations. Edit...I was just reminded by a member of our group, we went to Symphony Swings first, walked around Plaza De La Familia for a bit, one of our members left their phone in the Wine area BR and that's where we broke off to GOTG

Treat Trails: Wow, wow, wow....all of the villains were OUTSTANDING. They all interacted with the lines with super funny and creative chatter. The treats were an array of M&M's, Twix, Starburst, Skittles, applesauce packs, apple slices, grapes, graham bug bites, goldfish, tattoos, snickers and more......FYI, every trail we went to the villain was out....I'd heard reports that people would be standing in line and get to front and the actor would be on break. No issue with that. Yes, Cruella is a MUST SEE...amazing set. But, honestly they all made our evening very special.
.fullsizeoutput_d6.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_dc.jpeg
Master of Ceremonies, Mr. Boogie
fullsizeoutput_e2.jpegfullsizeoutput_e1.jpegfullsizeoutput_df.jpeg

7:45pm - Headless Horseman & Frightfully Fun Parade: Based on members of our group splitting up for few different experiences, my group ended up on the Hollywood Land side of the parade route. We ended up waiting for the parade, as the ropes were up and people had started to gather. Originally, we had planned on seeing the 10pm parade but due to the timing we decided to wait it out and watch this time slot. It worked out great, as there were plenty of curb and standing options available. It's such a well acted, danced and themed parade. I love all of the new elements they have added and it's the perfect length for little ones and for those wanting to get on with more treat trails or rides.

fullsizeoutput_d8.jpeg

I love Zero!!
fullsizeoutput_e9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_de.jpeg

Last edited:
More fun...coffee, characters and more candy!

After the parade, we headed over to Starbucks (Fiddler, Fife & Practical Cafe) for a pick-me up PSL or two and to watch the characters interactions in the circle. We lucked out and got to see the Stepsisters, Stepmom and Cinderella all come out and the crowd was having so much fun with all of them. Cinder and her step-sistas switched spots a few times and there were several groups of guests dressed as the Steps....so funny. BTW, Fiddler was empty....quick turnaround for our orders.
fullsizeoutput_ea.jpeg

Villains Grove and More: We popped over for a quick wait on Soarin', then treated our way through Maleficent's lair. She's spot on. We all lined up for Villains Grove, wait time said 35 mins, but the line was moving fast...we took turns running over the Evil Queen's treat trail which is right across the way. Funny that she has applesauce and apple slices, in addition to the regular candy.

Villains Grove is eerie, ethereal and cool. That said, most of the group felt that something was missing?...Maybe we're looking to deeply into it, but the stories they have laid out are all pretty complicated.

fullsizeoutput_e3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_e4.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_e6.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_e5.jpeg

A few of the Villains that are out all over DCA:
fullsizeoutput_d5.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_ec.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_ee.jpeg
At this point, it's 20 minutes until the party is over! 😱 The group split up to ride Cars and Soarin' again...hahaha and then met up at the front entrance to take the long walk back to the M&F structure. We closed the party down and took our place among the Walking Dead Tired back to the car.

Loved seeing all of the families and groups dressed up! I’d say 60% or more of the crowd was in some type of costume or Halloween gear. It’s always so heartwarming to watch the little ones interact with the characters. As I said earlier in my report the characters performed amazing in their roles. Also, I saw many little ones zonked out by 9-10pm and mom/dad was carrying them around.

Final thoughts: We enjoyed every minute of the Oogie Boogie Bash. With the exception of a sit down dinner, we had very little down time during the duration of the party. We were either in a treat trail, interacting with villains, on a ride, watching the parade, having a halloween treat...ok, or a libation. 😜

Our group agreed: Oogie Boogie Bash was frightfully fantastic!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!