Oof, owner of our rental home "voided" our stay less than 2 week out

Lehigh98

Earning My Ears
Just found out today that the owner of the home we booked months ago "voided" our stay from 4/1-4/9. Didn't even realize they could just go and do that. :confused:

Taking our 5 & 3 year old and their 6 & 4 year old cousins to Disney for their first time (along with parents and grandparents, 12 in all) and this happens. Already have flights, cars, passes, everything else booked and now we're scrambling for a place to stay. :mad:

Just wanted to post this note for others booking homes to make sure they do their best to book without this "voiding" option to mess up their trip.

Was this in your contract as an option? What reason was given? I would be SERIOUSLY ticked if this happened. Grrr.
This was listed way down on the Terms and Conditions on the website:
Owner decisions - Each home is individually owned and occasionally there is a decision made by the owner out of the control of the booking agent and Property Manager. If an owner makes the decision not to rent, no matter what the reason, this is beyond our control. If there was a decision made by the owner, another house of equal standard will be offered or a refund of the days left on the booking will be returned.
Unfortunately not as much left now.

So do they get to keep a portion of your deposit? That is horrible. I hope you are able to find something quickly and that your family has a wonderful vacation despite these terrible condo owners.

The house I rented in Feb is available your dates:

http://www.5starvillaneardisney.com/9.html

Great home for 12 people.

Thank you! I actually just saw that house in another thread and sent the link to my MIL who is planning the trip. Not sure about how the 4th couple will feel about the twin bed room or more importantly, how the boys (all 4 kids are boys) that end up in the princess room will feel about it. princess:

Thank you! I actually just saw that house in another thread and sent the link to my MIL who is planning the trip. Not sure about how the 4th couple will feel about the twin bed room or more importantly, how the boys (all 4 kids are boys) that end up in the princess room will feel about it. princess:

Another option:

http://www.arnavhomes.com/formosa/

The second one (Sea Pearl Circle) is available your dates, and 25% off rates since it's last minute. I rented from this company in 2009, and no issues. Their props are managed by AllStar, but if you rent through AllStar you will pay a TON more. 4 King bedded rooms. :-)

Hi Leigh98,
that is terrible news, so close as well.... and probably one of the busiest times of year.
Did you book it with the owner? or through an agent or management company?

There should be something within the booking terms and conditions that supports you surely?

wish i could help more..

Hope everything works out for you.

Another option:

http://www.arnavhomes.com/formosa/

The second one (Sea Pearl Circle) is available your dates, and 25% off rates since it's last minute. I rented from this company in 2009, and no issues. Their props are managed by AllStar, but if you rent through AllStar you will pay a TON more. 4 King bedded rooms. :-)

Wow...we stayed on Sea Pearl Circle in June/July (see link to house in sig). It was THE most amazing vacation we've experienced to date. Our villa was front & center of Star Lake and I can see the lake in that home's Pool 2 pic. You wouldn't be directly on the lake but you have a really good view of it. You can also fish-catch & release-in the lake too. This was SUCH a quiet neighborhood. Dead quiet...it was unbelievable how quiet it was with so many beautiful homes around. So close to EVERYTHING off 192W too.

That also looks like a great last minute deal too.

We rented through All Star for our first Orlando trip & they were awesome! I don't think you'll have the same experience & will have a worry-free trip going that route.

Sorry for your experience. You do have to be sooooo careful whom you rent from. Good luck.

What about the Sheraton properties? Vistana and Vistana Villages? Are you all just doing Disney or other attractions too? What is your accomoadations budget? Maybe some dis folks can help if they have more details!

Not sure where you are looking but can definitely recommend valhallavillas.com. We have stayed with them twice, once in each villa. Not sure if they are available but definitely worth a look.

I'm so sorry this happened to you, it brings back memories for us as we had rented through a Jorge/George (he will spell them both ways) Gomez our first year to of found out a few weeks before we were to leave he was actually a scammer. Since then we have found many more victims of him and quite a few people didn't know until they got down there and then had to find someplace else to stay while he kept all their money.

So if you ever see his name... RUN!

wow that is terrible...we are weighing the options of staying off site and staying on...and this certainly has me worried. i hope that everything works out for you...

Sorry this happened to you. I hope you find another place to stay....and have a wonderful trip.

Thank you everyone for your concern and suggestions! We just booked another home today so we'll have a place to stay during our trip. :banana:

Its actually the other house we were considering at the very beginning of our planning and it was still available so we're all very excited that we still got a nice place. Thanks again!

Thank you everyone for your concern and suggestions! We just booked another home today so we'll have a place to stay during our trip. :banana:

Its actually the other house we were considering at the very beginning of our planning and it was still available so we're all very excited that we still got a nice place. Thanks again!

So glad it worked out for you!! :cheer2:

Awful. It's one of my fears and why I always use the same management company to rent from.

Generally owners do not go and cancel stays unless there is a good reason and we don't know the other side of the story.

Management company can also have issues (I have heard of mc's going under and leaving guests stranded)

I am sorry the OP had a problem, but so glad that they found a replacement home!

--Kay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter