• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Onward Meet And Greet and Guardians Of The Galaxy Meet And Greet

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I just love the movie Onward and was so shocked to discover that Disneyland has an Onward Meet And Greet where you can meet Ian Lightfoot and Barley Lightfoot and get autographs and I'm wondering if the Onward Meet And Greet would be worth it? Also does Barley sign autographs? Because from what I've read Barley just stamps your autograph book with an autograph stamp but Ian can sign your autograph book. I liked this Meet And Greet from what I read about and does anyone know what the Onward characters autographs look like? I imagine they are cute. The second meet and greet that interests me is the Guardians Of The Galaxy character meet and greet because it looks cool and would it also be worthy? I do know that there is Star Lord and you can meet him and Baby Groot and get their autographs too but what about Rocket and Gamora? Is Star Lord a great character based on your experience doing the meet and greet and really nice? Also when you get his autograph does he sign it Peter Quill or Star Lord? This would a be a fun autograph to have

When are you planning to visit DLR? If it would be sometime soon after the parks reopen, please be aware that character M&Gs may not be allowed or may be very restricted the way they are now at WDW. Autographs may not be allowed for some time. Keep an eye on the Official Reopening Superthread on this board and the Speculation Reopening Superthread on the DL Community Board for the latest news on what things will be like when the parks finally reopen.

If you like Guardians, you should look into the Disney Cruises with a Marvel day at sea, great place to meet characters throughout the day.
It will also take some time before cruises are back up and all the entertainment is back up.

According to Character Central Barley and Ian are considered rare at Disneyland and less rare at WDW, so your chances of meeting them (after Covid) are probably better at WDW.

Barley and Ian are rare characters to find in Disneyland? I didn't even know that because when I first saw the first ever photos of the Ian and Barley characters I fell in love with them and thought they looked cute. But since I won't be heading to Disneyland anytime I downloaded the photos of Ian and Barley to my computer and once I get my printer hooked up I'm hanging the photos up on my room wall. You also mentioned that Marvel Day occurs on Disney Cruises. That sounds cool and would be nice as well. Would Iron Man be there by any chance? Because my mother likes Iron Man a lot and this might be great for her too

The Onward meet and greet only existed for about a week before DLR closed back in March from what I'm reading. It was so brief I had to go look up information about it because at the time I was focused on other things (like "will my trip even happen" which it did not, lol). I wouldn't call it rare or common or anything because it was a brand new offering in early March that was a victim of a short run due to the parks closing. I don't think we'll know much more about actual rarity until the parks reopen and meet and greets resume eventually.

The Onward meet and greet only existed for about a week before DLR closed back in March from what I'm reading. It was so brief I had to go look up information about it because at the time I was focused on other things (like "will my trip even happen" which it did not, lol). I wouldn't call it rare or common or anything because it was a brand new offering in early March that was a victim of a short run due to the parks closing. I don't think we'll know much more about actual rarity until the parks reopen and meet and greets resume eventually.
This. They were out for a few weeks since onward was set to come out in theaters late march/early april. They were on Pixar Pier

The Star Lord/Baby Groot meet is/was in WDW.

DLR has/had a Groot meet (as in grown up Groot). No Rocket meet anywhere that I am aware of.

Star Lord and Gamora do not have/did not have a formal meet throughout the day. The only time I saw them formally meet was at the Halloween Party 2019, possibly some other hard ticketed events as well, and I think they were at least at one of the Marvel runDisney events.

Instead of a formal meet they are/were doing a little show called "Guardians of the Galaxy Dance Off" in front of the Tower of Terror. It's a fun little show which I personally absolutely love. There's several recordings on YouTube if you would like a sneak peek.

After the show Star Lord and Gamora walk backstage. If you approach them and ask they will stop for pictures unless they are running late. It is not a set meet and greet environment, you need to actively approach them. Star Lord signs Star-Lord by the way, not Peter Quill.

Is it worth your time? Only you can decide that. I will happily spend afternoons in that area running back and forth doing every dance off, but that's me.

Yesterday Mom and I saw Youtube videos of The Guardians Of The Galaxy Meet And Greet and the Onward Meet And Greet and my mom thought the Onward Meet And Greet video was awesome and she thought Barley was so cute she actually developed a crush on him and she liked him. The Guardians Of The Galaxy Meet And Greet video with Star Lord my mother also liked because she thought Star Lord was funny and really cute and handsome. I don't know how they found a perfect Star Lord but Star Lord looks so cool and is full of joy and is always in a cheerful mood. I also got his character photo on the computer as well and hope to print it soon so I can frame it and put it on my nightstand so I can look at his cute face

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter