Onsite hotels listed on Lastminutetravel!!

Crazy4Disney06

DIS Veteran
Looking for somewhere to stay for 1 night after we check out of the Villas at Grand Californian in December. I saw all 3 Disney hotels listed at lastminutetravel.com.
Friday December 22nd one night for the costs:

PP- Disney.com $315 + tax LMT: $271 + tax = savings of $44
DH- Disney.com $435 + tax LMT:$375 + tax = savings of $60
GC- Disney.com $535 + tax LMT: $461 + tax = savings of $74.00

Just thought I would pass this info along, as I know not many (if any) discounts have been offered lately, booking though lastminutetravel.com could end up saving quite a bit on extra cash to spend in the parks ;)

How did you see the hotels name? When I look it says that the name will only be shown after booking?

How did you see the hotels name? When I look it says that the name will only be shown after booking?

For most hotels you have to use a trick to figure out which hotels you are getting but in this case it's so easy. They are the 3 most expensive hotels and you just have to look at the photos.

This makes me angry actually. I just compared those rates to the AP rates disney has posted on their website. LMT IS CHEAPER ! I feel cheated I was under the impression that AP rates were the cheapest rates. That was a huge motivation for buying an AP as I hope to stay on property during the upcoming off season for the first time.. I am very disappointed in Disney after seeing this :(

This makes me angry actually. I just compared those rates to the AP rates disney has posted on their website. LMT IS CHEAPER ! I feel cheated I was under the impression that AP rates were the cheapest rates. That was a huge motivation for buying an AP as I hope to stay on property during the upcoming off season for the first time.. I am very disappointed in Disney after seeing this :(

Ouch! I am sorry. I only posted so that others might be able to take advantage of the savings. I had no idea the AP rates were higher :(

I see my dates earlier in Dec are available too. A savings of anout $265 plus tax for the premium view I have booked thro Disney. So has anyone used lastminutetravel before? What are the drawbacks? Can you cancel without penalty? Except for Disney's 5 days prior policy which I already know about. Do you still get to use the vacation planning services? Any fee paid to lastminutetravel?

Thanks! And thanks for posting OP! Your help is appreciated! Not your fault Disney is marketing this way.

For our dates in Nov. and for our room category at the DLH it seems the AP rate is still the best.

Rates can get tricky once you go above standard rooms. The site mentioned gives just two categories for the DLH, deluxe and premium.

Even the disneyland website does not break down the room categories up front. It says standard, view and concierge. But then when you get into the booking process you get the breakdown of standard, resort/pool view, upper level resort/pool views, etc. and even concierge has two views/prices.

So if it isn't straightforward standard view rates on both sites, I'm not sure how anyone could compare apples to apples. You might be looking at one category on the travel site but you don't know exactly what it compares to on disney's site.

If I knew for absolute certainty it was cheaper than the AP rate, I would rebook with them.

I looked at the photos....absolutely correct.

It seems to me that if one looks at the ap rates, the rates on that site and compare them to what a travel agent would pay = cost - commission, that the rates are mostly pretty close to the same, if you had access to the various discounts.

I don't think the Mouse is handing anything that special out in any of these cases, but what the hey, a buck is a buck....or at least it was...;)

When I go to lastminutetravel, Only certain cities are listed for secret hotel deals and Anaheim isn't one of them. Is there a certain place on the website to look? I've used them in the past but as of a few months ago, I only see named hotel deals and they aren't really deals.

When I go to lastminutetravel, Only certain cities are listed for secret hotel deals and Anaheim isn't one of them. Is there a certain place on the website to look? I've used them in the past but as of a few months ago, I only see named hotel deals and they aren't really deals.

There are unnamed hotels for just about every city. But I think if your search dates are far enough out they'll only show named hotels. I've had much better luck getting secret hotels on the search results when I'm closer to check-in (hence, last minute travel).

I got the Fairfield on Harbor in July for under $120 per night through LMT (Marriott was asking close to $170). I've seen the DLR hotels on there as well, but the savings was not quite enough for me to book onsite... yet.

Yeah, sometimes you can find better deals than AP rates. Last year we went in September (with APs) and through Expedia were able to get PPH for $10 cheaper per night than the AP rate, PLUS the Expedia deal came with $75.00 in dining vouchers.

I had this same problem because I clicked the link for secret hotels on the main page. If you just do a regular search secret hotels pop up with your results. Just look at the pics, it's very easy to tell which are the onsite hotels.

Thanks OP!

OT...but....

If you are a senior, and Disney considers you a senior at 60 years old, you can book a room at 30% off. And you can book two rooms with the discount. We are staying at the DGC and looking at the price you get at Lastminutetravel we are saving over $110.00 per night off their rate. We could have done standard view for even less money but we upgraded our view.
...jc

Qouting a response I previously gave in the DCL forum explaining how to know exactly which hotel you will get.

I've seen it show up on lastminuetravel.com frequently for $113 and $114.

Lastminutetravel is like Hotwire where they do not tell you the hotel until after you book. But unlike the guessing game with Hotwire, I've learned how to positively identify the hotel on lastminutetravel.

On the results page, if you hover your cursor over the Description or Maps & Directions hotlink, you will see a link in the bottom of your browswer. Take note of the numbers following the left parenthesis (

On a 2nd browser, open the following link
http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=3037&provider=localTgsProvider

Then replace the 3037 with the number that you received from lastminutetravel. That will then open the page to the hotel that you would 'win' if you purchase through lastminutetravel.

The Hyatt MCO is 2825.

I have used lastminutetravel for several Disneyland trips and always know exactly what hotel I'm getting.

3036 = Disneyland Hotel
3037 = Grand Californian
3038 = Paradise Pier

Qouting a response I previously gave in the DCL forum explaining how to know exactly which hotel you will get.

3036 = Disneyland Hotel
3037 = Grand Californian
3038 = Paradise Pier

Thanks but why when I follow your link does it take me to touricoholidays, not lastminutetravel?

:( PLEASE NOTICE: I googled both names and they are connected. HOWEVER, although there were a couple of positive reviews I found many more COMPLAINTS against them. Possibly saving a small amount is not worth the risk to me. Has anyone here used them yet? This would make me nervous. :(

I used LMT last year when they were selling DL tickets. I bought some 5 day PH but realized I could get 6 day PH with Costco, so I went with them instead. I cancelled and they refunded the money promptly but it did take a while on the phone on hold before I reached a live person. Other than that, I have not had any dealings with them.

I used LMT last year when they were selling DL tickets. I bought some 5 day PH but realized I could get 6 day PH with Costco, so I went with them instead. I cancelled and they refunded the money promptly but it did take a while on the phone on hold before I reached a live person. Other than that, I have not had any dealings with them.

Thanks. I wonder if they are reliable when it comes to hotel rooms. That was the area I saw complaints about.

Thanks but why when I follow your link does it take me to touricoholidays, not lastminutetravel?

:( PLEASE NOTICE: I googled both names and they are connected. HOWEVER, although there were a couple of positive reviews I found many more COMPLAINTS against them. Possibly saving a small amount is not worth the risk to me. Has anyone here used them yet? This would make me nervous. :(

I just booked a trip through them. It felt flaky-- no word on my 'pending' res for a week then when I emailed I got some un-openable file as a confirmation. So I called the hotel and they confirmed my room and rate and res. They assured me I'm not in any special deep discount room or something. We'll see. I got 5 nights cheaper through them than 4 through Expedia, though, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter