Only time for 2 parks??

MatthewsMommy

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this has been asked before... we are going to WDW pre-cruise for 3 nights so will have 2 full days for the parks. We are definitely going to MK for DS' 6th Birthday :), but not sure which other park to go to? We haven't been since he was 3 and was a little too short for some of the rides. I'm debating between AK and HS. I just booked Wilderness Lodge yesterday and want to make ARA's (hoping for FD!), but we don't do park hopper tickets so I need to work around the parks.

So which park do you think a 6 year old boy would prefer?

My son just turned 7, and I would say Animal Kingdom. I think it has more to offer young kids. That being said, I would probably just do 2 days at MK to make sure we did everything and still be able to take it easy.

I agree with the PP. If you're only doing 2 days, I would do both at MK since you can't see it all in one day.

it really depends on the boy, but, if he hasn't been to MK since age 3, you might spend 2 days there. personally, we can do it in a day, but we've been many times. if you want to do two different parks, i would say AK if your DS is into animals and/or dinosaurs; if he's into cartoons, i'd go to DHS. both of these are half-day parks for us; however, with the right planning, they can be stretched to a day.

Either two days at MK or MK/HS. AK is a half day park for us, but my boys (7 and 4 on our first trip - 9 and 6 on this one) have always loved Hollywood Studios and can't wait to go there on each trip.

Not AK with my kids.

My kids favorite park by far is actually EP, not MK, though they like that one too. This includes all three kids, and my oldest has gone as a 6 year old boy! However, since you only have two days, I'd play it safe - one day MK and one day DHS. For my oldest son at 6, it would have been EP and DHS. For my daughter at 6, it would have been EP and then MK. We've gone to AK the last four trips and finally aren't scheduling it on our next trip since it never goes over that well.

*At 6, my oldest son's favorite two attractions out of all of the parks were the Indiana Jones stunt show and Fantasmic - which are both at DHS. Now since Star Tours has changed, he would love to do that for hours! (He liked it before, but he loves it now with the changes).

6 year old Boy huh?

I say either 2 days at MK (Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Frontier Land, Future World, etc.)

Or 1 day at MK and 1 Day at HS (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, TOT, Fantasmic - if showing, Stunt Show, Toy Story, etc.)

AK is cool, but the animals can get old in a few hours unless he LOVES animals.

Epcot, at least for me, aside from Soarin and Nemo, is VERY adult centered.

At 6, I would probably say MK and DHS (especially if he likes thrill rides TOT and RRC). If he is a huge animal lover maybe, AK instead.

My son liked AK for about two hours (He's 6 too!) and he LOVES animals. He complained that everything was so far away from everything else, it was hot, it was crowded, etc. He loves MK and though my son is kind of afraid of the more intense rides, he did like HS as well. I asked him his opinion and he said MK all the way! :lmao:

Whatever you decide have fun!!! :)

Missy13d69 said:
I agree with the PP. If you're only doing 2 days, I would do both at MK since you can't see it all in one day.

Another vote for this. I hope you have a magical trip.

My then 6 year old( now 7) would vote MK and HS. His favorite ride is RNR. So if your son is a daredevil I would vote HS. If not I vote EPCOT.

It's about the best bang for your buck. AK just closes too early to be a good use of a ticket for such a short stay. I would check park hours and see which one is open longer. I just talked my friend into MK vs AK for the same reason. The park I open 5 hours longer during her off season trip.

Thank you all so much! I am going to highlight the things we would want to do in each park and go from there. DH didn't really want to go to Epcot, and I do agree that it might be a good idea just to do both days at MK. The 2 times we have gone (age 2 and almost 4), we went to MK twice to cover it all.

Don't forget about Downtown Disney if you end up with a little extra time on the 2nd day and are looking for something with no admission rather than stretching out the time at one of the parks if you have done everything he enjoys.

We are in the same situation for our trip in March. We are going to the parks on the Friday and Saturday before the cruise. We are for sure going to MK the first day, and probably Epcot the second day. Last summer we spent 3 days at MK, and the day we went to Epcot we stayed ALL day. We were exhausted by the time we left but honestly didn't get to do all the things we wanted to do! Plus, DH's (not a huge Disney fan) favorite ride is Soarin', and DS will be so happy to go on Test Track again. If we were to pick something besides Epcot it would be another day at MK or DHS. I'm also thinking we may add a day to our tickets so we can go to MK again the day we disembark.

If you are able to do a park hopper I would definately say 1/2 a day at AK (if he likes animals/ dinosaurs or Studios (if he likes the thrill rides or shows) and then another 1.5 at MK. I think that you could do the former 2 parks in half a day if you knew exactly what you wanted to do. We were done AK at 2:30 when we arrived for rope drop and I think if you hilighted the must dos at Studios you could fit them in a half day.

I change my vote. We are at WDW now, and did all the parks with our son. He hated Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios (he just turned 7). His favs, he said, by far were MK and Epcot. So, if I were you, I'd do MK twice :)

We did a vote for what are 2 kids wanted. They are 8 and 10. The voted was for DAK. They love it there. I would pick DAK and MK with Epcot third and the studios a distant 4th

I would add the park hopper and do 4, if it is a possibility. AK is, at best rope drop until 1, leaving plenty of time for MK, especially if they are open late. 2nd day at Studios, maybe 1/2 day, then walk/boat to EPCOT, with time to see Future World, which is what a 6 year old likes there.

If set one 2 parks, my boys would choose MK & Epcot, hands down and EPCOT over MK, even the 2 year old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!