Only The Cool Kids Start Their Pre-Trip Reports This Early! - September Trip 2012

Did you take ART to Disneyland? Ayres is so far away!

Yes, we did. The Ayres is the second stop on the way to the park. The first stop in the Amtrak station and only once during our stay was there anyone else on the bus when we got on. It is a ways out but that was part of what I loved. That and we never heard anyone else in our room. No neighbor or hallway noise at all. Plus their breakfast is really good and extensive.

Yes, we did. The Ayres is the second stop on the way to the park. The first stop in the Amtrak station and only once during our stay was there anyone else on the bus when we got on. It is a ways out but that was part of what I loved. That and we never heard anyone else in our room. No neighbor or hallway noise at all. Plus their breakfast is really good and extensive.

I'm definitely adding this hotel to my list. But I still have a concern when it comes to ART and what happens if it says the park closes at midnight and the last bus is at 12:30 and I miss it. Does ART always only run a half hour after closing?

You know what... Let me ask on the Disneyland board! HAHA

I'm definitely adding this hotel to my list. But I still have a concern when it comes to ART and what happens if it says the park closes at midnight and the last bus is at 12:30 and I miss it. Does ART always only run a half hour after closing?

You know what... Let me ask on the Disneyland board! HAHA

With ART I do know that they send out more than one bus at night for closing. We had no problems with it from Ayres. There was never a crowd on it. When we used ART from Stovall's we used it only one day and I didn't want to use it again. It was always crowded.

So I just want to point out the savings I got on my plane ticket.

Before: $384.20
After: $292.20

:banana:

Oh! I just wanted to say:

Double Digit Dance

:banana::banana::banana:

So the past week has been centered around cars (and not the movie). Last week the local Toyota dealership was running a "sale" at the mall and since I work across the street a Dodge Avenger caught my eye.

Initially I had eliminated the Dodge Avenger because it didn't come with push start ignition. But since it was there, I figured it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

I got to the mall and popped the hood to the Avenger and it had exactly what I wanted... the 3.6L Pentastar V6.

So I checked out the car, and the saleswoman sent me on a test drive. This engine does exactly what I want it to. After getting used to the torque steer, this car became fun to drive. I actually haven't liked driving a car so much since the Pontiac G6 GXP.

So I took it and showed my mom, then off to the mechanic. It was a 2011, so I didn't really expect there to be any problems with it, but he did a complete inspection of the car. Since my mechanic is a Mopar man, he gave the car two thumbs up and sent me on my way.

So the asking price last saturday was $15,995. This is more than I wanted to spend, and it was missing key features I wanted (push start and heated seats).

So I left the car. I headed down to the local Dodge dealership and they had three Avengers there, all with heated seats. Of course they had them priced wrong (the sign said $8870 for one, and $9995 for the other two... seriously I was about to buy two cars). But the salesman said they were the wrong price and wouldn't sell them to me.

So the next day I went to see the other car I've had a crush on since the salesmen made me drive it -- the Hyundai Sonata 2.0T. This has the features I love, and more (rear heated seats). I took this car to see my mom, then back to the dealership. They were going to sell it to me for $30,000 out the door. I had to sleep on it, since I only wanted to spend $15k.

The next day I went back and said I wasn't going to get it, since it was double what I planned on spending. I could afford the payments, if I continued to live at home.

So since then I've been attempting to prep my car for trade. She's an old girl, but has several upgrades that I wanted to take out (they cost a fortune and could be used on my mom's car). I have an aftermarket CD player in my car so I wanted to put the original radio back in, since I wasn't getting anything extra for my car with a CD player. But alas we can't locate the original radio. This actually doesn't really bother me. I'm not sure I could even install the CD player into my mom's car, and all newer cars come with high end radios anyways.

Well today I woke up and found out they dropped the price on the Avenger to $14,995. I'm stoked! They really want to get rid of the car (it's been sitting on their lot for months) and this puts me in the upper hand! I want to get the car $15,000 out the door, which, unless they are absolutely unreasonable, they will be able to do if I trade in my car. But I'm still going to try to get the car even less than that. I know they want to get rid of it.

So tomorrow I'm going back to make an offer. Then, I hope, we can negotiate the cost to $15,000 out the door or less.

So wish me luck! (Actually, with my luck they will sell the car today. *knock on wood.)

If this goes through this will be the second car I've purchased since I got my license over ten years ago!

Oh good luck!! I am crossing my fingers for you!!

YAY for possible new car! I love my dodges, my truck of course is my favorite, but DH Caliber is pretty nice to!

Thanks for the support guys! As stupid as it sounds, I actually need it.

My last car I bought for $2400, and it's the most expensive thing I've ever paid for. Even my trips to WDW were cheaper. The Avenger is A LOT more than that. So I'm having anxiety over it. I know, stupid. But it's a lot of money, I've been saving since I started working at 15, and I only work part-time (not a lot of full-time jobs around here). Plus my insurance is going to almost double (since I don't have collision on my Lumina), and I'm terrified someone is going to hit me.

BUT with all that being said, I think this is a great car. There are very few negative reviews and mostly it's wear and tear type of things or that the 4 cylinder engine doesn't have enough power.

My Lumina has been a wonderful car. I've had it for a very long time and haven't had to put much money into it until recently. But my mechanic says it's about time to get something newer because the Lumina is gonna just cost me more and more money. Just for example, I just replaced the rear brakes and then the parking brake broke. I have a broken sway bar and a shock that's going bad in the rear. And my tires will need to be replaced soon.

So I figure: brakes, tires, wipers, etc are things that will have to be replaced on any car. But the bigger things that can go wrong are covered by warranty on the Avenger for a couple more years.

But that all being said, we still have to negotiate a price, and I'm stuck on how much I'm willing to spend. So if they won't match it, then it's no good (but really they only have to go $600 off the asking price and give me $800 for my Lumina and we should have a deal). But I always have bad luck, so...

Anyways...

Erin: You drive the truck and DH drives the lil Caliber? HAHA What truck do you have?

Yes thats the way it is in my house! I have a Ram 1500 laramie edition, I decided I was going to go all out if I was going to trade in my mini van!

We do drive both vehicles, today he has my truck, but he use to drive 50 mile to and then 50 miles home everyday for work, so the car was cheaper to run! Plus I have the 3 boys and they fit better in the truck, so it makes sense.

Yes thats the way it is in my house! I have a Ram 1500 laramie edition, I decided I was going to go all out if I was going to trade in my mini van!

We do drive both vehicles, today he has my truck, but he use to drive 50 mile to and then 50 miles home everyday for work, so the car was cheaper to run! Plus I have the 3 boys and they fit better in the truck, so it makes sense.

HAHA It makes sense, and I should have known that already since I knew your DH drove that far. Silly me!

Laramie is the best, the only way to go. I always wanted a 3500 Laramie Megacab with Duallies or however you spell it. :rotfl:

Anyways, we did not come to an agreement on price. I want to pay $1000 less than they are willing to go. I even tried to do $500 less, and they won't even do that. So now I'm stuck and not sure what to do.

Since it's all past, I'll throw it out there. 2011 Dodge Avenger Mainstreet with 3.5L V6, 14,610 miles on it. They want $16,000.

Now I just have to decide do I want to spend an extra $1000 on it.

That's a tough decision. I am not sure what I would do!

So I'm apparently hard to commit to anything, so I put a room on hold at Stovall's Inn.

King room @ $614.58 for my stay.

I think I can get a two double room for $534. But I have the king on old at least until September 19.

So I'm apparently hard to commit to anything, so I put a room on hold at Stovall's Inn.

King room @ $614.58 for my stay.

I think I can get a two double room for $534. But I have the king on old at least until September 19.

Yay!! Good for you!!

Michele, I know it's not your favorite place. But it's close and inexpensive.

Just because I don't like it doesn't mean it isn't good. My feeling could be due to contributing factors too.

Just because I don't like it doesn't mean it isn't good. My feeling could be due to contributing factors too.

I know. :)

I know you LOOOOOVVEEEEE your Ayres Hotel... which is really nice! I just wish it was closer... and cheaper.

*And I don't mean it in a sarcastic way...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter