Only Riviera Resort being Shown on DVC

JimJohnson

Earning My Ears
I was just playing around with the values on the DVC site, curious what purchase prices were. But for the actual WDW resorts, it's only showing me Riviera. Where are all the others like Boardwalk Villas?

When you go to the membership costs section of the DVC site, it's only showing Hawaii options or Riviera Resort.

When you go to the membership costs section of the DVC site, it's only showing Hawaii options or Riviera Resort.
Those are the only DVC Resorts they are actively marketing, so those are the only resorts they will show pricing for. All other DVC are "sold out" and you would need to talk directly with a guide to get direct pricing.

Those are the only DVC Resorts they are actively marketing, so those are the only resorts they will show pricing for. All other DVC are "sold out" and you would need to talk directly with a guide to get direct pricing.

Ah okay, thanks. Do you know if the cost for Boardwalk Villas would be about the same? Looks like 100 pts is basically $19,000.

Ah okay, thanks. Do you know if the cost for Boardwalk Villas would be about the same? Looks like 100 pts is basically $19,000.
I believe that the Boardwalk Villas are now $200 per point (plus closing costs) if purchased direct.

Note that BWV direct still expires in 2042. It is one of the very worst direct values, and even as a resale should only be purchased to be used at BWV.

Note that BWV direct still expires in 2042. It is one of the very worst direct values, and even as a resale should only be purchased to be used at BWV.

I would only consider buying if I could stay in the Epcot area. Otherwise, it wouldn't be for me.

I would only consider buying if I could stay in the Epcot area. Otherwise, it wouldn't be for me.
Given that BWV is a good $50 more per point direct, and you would be buying to use at BWV, I would ask what direct benefits you believe you want/need/are worth $10k extra on purchase.

Given that BWV is a good $50 more per point direct, and you would be buying to use at BWV, I would ask what direct benefits you believe you want/need/are worth $10k extra on purchase.

You're right on that point, but it would just mean I wouldn't buy into DVC and would continue vacationing as I do now. I only stay in the Epcot area, always been where I stay and always will be. I guess Beach Club Villas are another option though I guess I'd have to check the cost there as well.

We're getting ready to possibly pull the trigger. Someone post a price sheet here last night so I tacked on some other details to discuss with DH. There's a bit of rounding on it, but it'll give you a general idea of the costs and contract lengths.

The right columns are general costs when using 10, 15, 20, 100 or 175 points, not really to reference room category. Resorts point charts vary greatly, as does availability.

DVC Direct and Resale costs 2020 spreadsheet january.jpg

Attachments

• DVC Direct and Resale costs 2020 spreadsheet january.pdf
    59.6 KB · Views: 19
You're right on that point, but it would just mean I wouldn't buy into DVC and would continue vacationing as I do now. I only stay in the Epcot area, always been where I stay and always will be. I guess Beach Club Villas are another option though I guess I'd have to check the cost there as well.

A suggestion to compare the purchase of a resale contract at either BWV or BCV vs what you currently are paying to stay in the Epcot area. As mentioned it's at least $50/pt less than direct (BCV direct pricing is even higher than BWV). Since you wouldn't have any of the DVC perks if you continue to pay cash for hotel rooms then it may not be an issue to not have direct perks although you'd actually still be able to go to the TOTWL with a resale contract.

BCV is $235pp. So it's even crazier direct vs. resale.

If you're renting points or booking cash units, you don't get the DVC perks anyway. You would be ahead with a resale contract. Getting the economic value of BCV or BWV direct is a beast unless you are buying 40 AP Gold a year with 6 owners on the deed.

BCV is $235pp. So it's even crazier direct vs. resale.

If you're renting points or booking cash units, you don't get the DVC perks anyway. You would be ahead with a resale contract. Getting the economic value of BCV or BWV direct is a beast unless you are buying 40 AP Gold a year with 6 owners on the deed.
Or about 200k per year in food and merchandise. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter