Only 1 DME yellow luggage tag per person?

Huff

DIS Veteran
Others have stated Disney sends two per person. I got my DME package today and found only 1 yellow tag per person. What have others gotten recently?

Not sure if 1 per person will be enough. Can I call someone at Disney and request a few more? We're still 5 weeks out so hopefully that will be enough to get more. Ya, I know I can give claim tickets if needed to DME but the yellow tags makes it easier.

yes, real easy to get more. Just call and say one per person isn't enough. They'll mail out more immediately

How long are you going?

I mean, if it's a week, do you really need to check more then one bag per person? I mena how much do you need to bring?

Disney realized that people don't pack more then one bag in most cases, so they saved a significant amount of money by reducing the number of tags sent by default.

How long are you going?

I mean, if it's a week, do you really need to check more then one bag per person? I mena how much do you need to bring?

Disney realized that people don't pack more then one bag in most cases, so they saved a significant amount of money by reducing the number of tags sent by default.

We're going for 9 days. We'll probably be ok with 1 bag each. Problem is that our luggage is old and rather heavy and airlines limit to 50lbs. Maybe better to use two heavy bags than have to buy a new lighter weight one. If we need to it would be 4 bags for 3 people.

We're going for 9 days. We'll probably be ok with 1 bag each. Problem is that our luggage is old and rather heavy and airlines limit to 50lbs. Maybe better to use two heavy bags than have to buy a new lighter weight one. If we need to it would be 4 bags for 3 people.

The charge for an overweight bag generally is higher than the charge for an additional bag, FWIW.

Since the change in airline baggage policies Disney has only been mailing out one luggage tag per person. If you need more just call them.

You can also provide your baggage claim check tag at the DME counter along with a description of your luggage and they will pick up your luggage even if you don't have the yellow tag on it.

Disney Freak56 said:
If someone is flying Southwest and DME should know which airline one is flying on,
There's NO reason the standard DME packet should 'know' which airline the Guest is flying; since there's only one domestic airline that allows two checked bags free, it makes absolute sense to provide one luggage tag per Guest and require Guests needing more than one to request additional tags.

Even if you don't request DME from home, you can take advantage of DME at the Orlando airport by going to the DME check-in location. You will be direced to the appropriate CM to set yourself (and family) up to utilize DME.

Actually that is NOT the case. DME cannot be arranged upon your arrival at MCO, it must be reserved prior to that. That stipulation is part of Disney's contract with MCO for DME. If you get to MCO without DME reservations, you can do walk-up with Mears and pay on the spot. It's often been reported that Mears puts those customers on DME buses as well but that is not always the case and either way, you do have to pay to ride at that point.

fyi, you can cut the DME tag in half, and use it on 2 different pieces of luggage (a skycap did this for us, and we've been doing so since - works pefectly. of course, just make sure the info is easily visible on both pieces of the tag).
:)

I'm just saying it would be cheaper to mail out 2 luggage tags with the first DME packet than to send out a second packet with additional luggage tags.

It is actually cheaper to print 1,000,000 single tags, and then send out a second set to the handful of people that need a second tag.

Seriously, with the amount of people who are carrying on baggage now with those airlines that charge per bag - I bet even some of those 1,000,000 single tags are going to waste as well.

It is actually cheaper to print 1,000,000 single tags, and then send out a second set to the handful of people that need a second tag.

Seriously, with the amount of people who are carrying on baggage now with those airlines that charge per bag - I bet even some of those 1,000,000 single tags are going to waste as well.

Here's a concept, how about if DME asks you how many luggage tags you need when you make the reservation? :confused: Since the luggage tags are personalized to the guest anyway, this would most likely save more than one-per-guest-ask-for-more or two-per-guest.

Seriously?!?! Is it really any of your business how much luggage they're bringing? If they want to check 2 pieces of luggage for each person in their family, then that is their business. :confused3

If someone is flying Southwest and DME should know which airline one is flying on, then maybe the guest should be asked at the get-go -- 1 tag or 2 per person -- because the reality of adding an additional tag per person for SW guests is not adding that much weight to the envelope. Certainly less than what it will cost to ship another envelope with the additional tags.
Seriously....people book DME before they have any flight booked..happens all the time. The poster was merely asking a legitimate question. Methinks you over-reacted just a bit.

Not trying to start an argument here, but these are not just generic packdets being mailed out by DME. Each luggage tag has the Resort noted on it as well as at least 1 or 2 passenger names listed on them.

And, in most instances, when reserving one is asked if you want DME and then they ask for your flight info. So if you've already made your airline reservations, then it is noted in tthe DME system.

I suppose that it would involve getting an IT dept. involved in order for 2 luggage tags to print out instead of the 1 that prints out now. :confused3

I'm just saying it would be cheaper to mail out 2 luggage tags with the first DME packet than to send out a second packet with additional luggage tags.

Anyhow, DME Could know which airline you're flying on. They will send out a DME packet without knowing your airline reservations if you request it at the time of reservation or some at some point prior to one's leaving for WDW.

Even if you don't request DME from home, you can take advantage of DME at the Orlando airport by going to the DME check-in location. You will be direced to the appropriate CM to set yourself (and family) up to utilize DME.
First, no..you can not just arrive at MCO and be directed to the DME counter and arrange transport then. It must be reserved in advance.
DME started sending out just the one tag per person in response to the airlines allowing only one free checked bag. The vast majority of people are flying with only one checked bag now..if that.
Having DME be able to track your airline and then send out tags based on how many bags are allowed, free, is asking for trouble. There is nothing to say an airline can't change it's baggage policy at any time. Why add confusion to the situation.
Any guest is perfectly able to call DME and request addtl tags be sent out. Not a big deal.

fyi, you can cut the DME tag in half, and use it on 2 different pieces of luggage (a skycap did this for us, and we've been doing so since - works pefectly. of course, just make sure the info is easily visible on both pieces of the tag).
:)
So...here I am. Trying to figure out how the heck I'm going to get everything I need to pack, into 3 checked bags, even though SW allows us 2 each. I have 3 DME tags and don't really want them searching for that 4th bag at baggage claim. And the thing is...I only need that 4th bag for the flight down....a lot of the stuff in that bag is going to my ds upon arrival.
Never thought about cutting one in half. Thanks.

Here's a concept, how about if DME asks you how many luggage tags you need when you make the reservation? :confused: Since the luggage tags are personalized to the guest anyway, this would most likely save more than one-per-guest-ask-for-more or two-per-guest.
Now, that, is a good idea. It wouldn't be all that difficult to have a slot where you could provide that info. I doubt all that many people would over order tags. That would be a nice touch for those needing just one or two extra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter