Online savings accounts...

fivefordisney

DIS Veteran
We currently have cash in an INGdirect Electric Orange acct. Does anyone out there use a different online bank? I'm trying to get a sense of interest rates. ING's rates are as follows:

Balance Int. Rate A.P.R. As of...
$0-$49,999.99 3.11 % 3.15 % 12/13/2007
$50,000.00-$99,999.99 4.55 % 4.65 % 12/13/2007
$100,000.00 or more 4.70 % 4.80 % 12/13/2007

Anyone out there doing better than that?

Money magazine usually has a page in the back with the top rates
Check
Umbrella Bank .com
Countrywide bank
Corus Bank
I have no personal experience with any of these -they were in the magazine
I have CDs with ING and etrade bank

If you go to the forums over at savingadvice.com under investing & banking there is a sticky thread at the top where they post all the current online savings rates:thumbsup2

Are you looking for online checking or savings? ING savings is at 4.1%. I use GMAC bank (FDIC insured money market account) which is 4.4% < $500 or 4.5% >$500. I also have several CD's with them. I have a local checking account but I only keep the bare minimum in there.

I have a HSBC online savings account

It flucuates with what the federal interest rate does. When I started it it was 6% (this was an initial 3 month signing up offer)then it went to 5%, now it is at 4.25%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter