Online Movie Rentals

kelsco99

Planning again, after a long break
Does anyone use any online movie rental sites for Canada?

I am thinking of signing up for zip.ca but would like to get some feedback about others that have used it or another similiar service.

Also, does anyone know of any coupons for savings on these sites?

Kelly

I used Zip for 5 months and would not recommend it if you want a fast turn around of movies. You have to wait in a queue until the movie becomes available. And don't ever lose a movie, it will cost you big time. Before we went to Florida in March I left 1 that was supposed to be returned. When I got home it had disappeared and it never found it's way back to Zip. It cost me $75.

HTH.

Marilynn

We joined for about 7 months and in that 7 months we never recieved any of the newer releases we had on our list. Some of the discs we received were very scratched up and didn't play particularly well. It also seemed at times that the shipping of the discs seemed to get slower at the end of the month (not sure if they have some unspecified limits about the total # sent out for the month --- we would watch them quickly and ship them back as soon as we were done.)

You're probably better off just going to the video store or using the pay per view on cable.

Thanks for your reviews! :) Glad I didn't jump in with both feet.

I get tired of going to the video store and them not having what we want but we do eventually get it so it sounds like the video store is a better option overall.

Does anyone know if zip.ca is the only one available to us?

We started out using Zip.ca and found the discs were scratched and the turn around time was not great. We switched to Canflix and they have been great I have nothing bad to say. I also use Cyberflix which I was able to purchase a years worth of movies for my mom and the turn over rate is really fast the selection is not as big as Canflix but both seem to work great- Much better than Zip. Hope this helps.

Brandy

We've been with zip.ca for about four months and our experience has been very positive. We're mostly interested in the TV shows, especially the British ones, but we've also been watching "Dead Like Me" and some others. So far, everything's been good - no problems at all.

Teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter