Online modification down?

jimim

DIS Veteran
this is the second time in 3 days that online booking has been having issues. Anyone else having issues this am. Saturday it was down also. Took a while on the phone to modify a reservation Saturday also. Today I’m getting Rex popping up vs the seven dwarfs. Never saw Rex before.

this is the second time in 3 days that online booking has been having issues. Anyone else having issues this am. Saturday it was down also. Took a while on the phone to modify a reservation Saturday also. Today I’m getting Rex popping up vs the seven dwarfs. Never saw Rex before.

Me, too. So frustrating since today is the 7 month booking window for early December. Thought I would do a waitlist for a different resort for fun.

Ugh, been trying to modify with no success. I had to book a day separate and call to get them to link. So frustrating

I did some modifications a little bit ago and although the website was tremendously slow it did work.

i'm sorry everyone. it's annoying isn't it. the other day when i posted this i asked the cast member and he said he didn't even know. the few days before when it was down at least the cast member knew why i was calling and that was because it was down.

i just don't get how a huge huge huge company like this, who is comparable to the likes of amazon is down or having issues so frequently, but other large companies rarely do.

i'm sorry everyone. it's annoying isn't it. the other day when i posted this i asked the cast member and he said he didn't even know. the few days before when it was down at least the cast member knew why i was calling and that was because it was down.

i just don't get how a huge huge huge company like this, who is comparable to the likes of amazon is down or having issues so frequently, but other large companies rarely do.

Yes, just when you think it can’t get worse, it does. I was at the Bwv last week and I had to use my iPhone hotspot to use my iPad because the WiFi was almost nonexistent

I tried again this morning. No luck.

A few weeks ago I was trying to cancel a VGC reservation. The system would not allow me to and I had to call in. It's definitely got some new bugs popping up.

I tried this morning and it did not work for me. Really sucks.

I modified something again yesterday to change and use some points I just banked. I mentioned that my VGC reservation was not able to be canceled a few weeks ago and I'm feeling that there's instances either of a corruption or something getting locked with certain reservations that will require you to call. Modifying itself has been working so I'd guess that might be what's going on for you.

I've been trying to modify all day and not having any problems while doing a search. I am using Chrome. However, sometimes when I hit "Dashboard" it brings me back to the first starting page and I have to go back to "Dashboard" a few times until it works.

I modified something again yesterday to change and use some points I just banked. I mentioned that my VGC reservation was not able to be canceled a few weeks ago and I'm feeling that there's instances either of a corruption or something getting locked with certain reservations that will require you to call. Modifying itself has been working so I'd guess that might be what's going on for you.

I’m trying to add a day to the end of my reservation. I get it, but when I try to complete it, I get the dwarfs saying to try again later. I did a modification to use up some banked points and that worked. Perfectly.

Went to check for a night I have on WL before going to bed and at 2 am, website down. What a terrible department. This isnt a small mom and pop store, there is no excuse for these errors.

I modified the other week no problem, but has anyone noticed (if it’s still doing it) that when modifying you didn’t put your check in and check out dates like you do when booking, but the nights of the stay? So for example, I had a reservation to the 30/12, but when modifying and selecting the Callander to 30/12 it was actually checking me out on 31/12. But it did say above or below it, the actual dates so I realised. May have been a short term glitch but watch out for it.
It was also claiming I had Riveria points (I don’t) and that I was trying to book before Riviera opened (I wasn’t ) the other week- how bizarre is that?

I modified the other week no problem, but has anyone noticed (if it’s still doing it) that when modifying you didn’t put your check in and check out dates like you do when booking, but the nights of the stay? So for example, I had a reservation to the 30/12, but when modifying and selecting the Callander to 30/12 it was actually checking me out on 31/12. But it did say above or below it, the actual dates so I realised. May have been a short term glitch but watch out for it.
It was also claiming I had Riveria points (I don’t) and that I was trying to book before Riviera opened (I wasn’t ) the other week- how bizarre is that?

It's been quirky that way with the dates since it started I think. I've modified a couple of reservations in the past week and it is quite disconcerting to say the least! I first noticed back when doing some modifying for our past April trip when I would change the search in modifying and the points were suddenly coming out higher. It's not real good for it to be inconsistent like that.

The messages - it's also something that's been going on since one of their big updates last year although back then if you had something that didn't work (like searching just a bit before the booking window opened or if you did select something that you weren't eligible to book) then the message was that the room you were looking for was no longer available. Now it's the Riviera message. It's like they can only have one message at a time. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter