Online check-in recommended for morning arrival?

toughmudder

Mouseketeer
Hello, all...

I should elaborate on the question I posed in the title. We are actually quite a large group (my family, and my DW's three brothers and their extended families) - and we will be arriving at Pop Century straight from disembarking from the Dream on Thursday morning, Feb 7th.

I've heard that if we're arriving at the hotel that early, there probably would be minimal to no lines for normal check-in. I also realize that our rooms will probably not be ready, and we'll be prepared to leave our luggage and head to the parks from there.

I'm all for online check-in, however, I'm sort of orchestrating the whole group - and if it may not appear to give us much advantage from a time perspective, I may not want to go through the hassle of walking through the process with all the families, etc.

Make sense? Let me know what you think... and if you'd still recommend online check-in despite the circumstances.

Thanks all! :thumbsup2

If you do online check-in, you will have to enter a credit card to be put on the room account(you didn't say how many rooms you had and it they were all under one name). It may be easier to just check-in at WDW so that you can let each person put down the cc for their room(or choose not to).

Good point. All the rooms are actually under each families' name... so unless I can get them all to do it online in advance, it may not prove to save much time if we're waiting for one family in the end... I won't be able to check them all online myself.

Of course if I get to POP and there's a long line for regular check-in, I'll be kicking myself! :furious:

Has everyone been to WDW before? If not, I would let them do the regular check in, so they can hear the whole spiel from the CM.

^ that's actually a good idea, Maxiesmom, as some have not ever been... and some haven't been in over 10 years. As much as I can share with them about the Dining Plan, Key to the World, etc. it may be nice to have a CM do it, and so they can have the full "experience".... plus I can show a little patience - the parks can wait a few more minutes :hyper:

I would recommend it, my girlfriend and I arrived around 10-10:30 and they had our room ready for us. When I did the online check-in it asked our estimated time of arrival. I don't see a down-side to it, just seems like a time saver to me.

maxiesmom said:
Has everyone been to WDW before? If not, I would let them do the regular check in, so they can hear the whole spiel from the CM.

For some reason I clicked on online check in without meaning to do so. I've never stayed on site before and I would love to hear the whole spiel and ask questions. Can I use the normal check in line or will they direct me to the OC line?! Will I be able to ask questions?!

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards

I would recommend it, my girlfriend and I arrived around 10-10:30 and they had our room ready for us. When I did the online check-in it asked our estimated time of arrival. I don't see a down-side to it, just seems like a time saver to me.

I didn't think about that... does online check-in give you a better chance of getting your room early? (since you indicate your arrival time?) I know it still wouldn't be guaranteed... but if it gave us a better chance, it certainly would be worth it.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I didn't think about that... does online check-in give you a better chance of getting your room early? (since you indicate your arrival time?) I know it still wouldn't be guaranteed... but if it gave us a better chance, it certainly would be worth it.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

It gives you a better chance of getting A room early, just not necessarily the one that you wanted.

If you don't have any requests, I would do online check-in. But if you do, it sort-of defeats the purpose of having your packet ready to go, and then asking to see if another room is available that meets your request.

The downside is if you check-in on a very busy check-out day, like myself each year. Rooms often don't become available until mid-afternoon, since they are busy cleaning rooms from holiday week visitors - which tend to max out the resort occupancy.

I would rather wait for the room/building/location I requested, than be given the first room available when I arrive. I don't do online check-in and reiterate to the CM that I don't mind waiting a few hours to get into my room.

Every time, all my requests have been met and I have never been disappointed with my location.

Do online check in. Explain it to everyone and then it is their choice. We got the whole talk and our anniversary buttons. Even got location we requested.

Kae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter