Online check in - flight info and transfers

mitsguy2001

DIS Veteran
I will be arriving the day before my cruise, and using DCL transfers from a Disney resort to the port on emkarkation day. On dis-embarkation day, we're taking the DCL transfer directly from the port to the airport. This used to appear on my cruise reservation page. However, it no longer appears. Is that a problem? When I try to enter the flight information, it says that the website is down (but it appears to be up otherwise). Is this because I'm trying to enter a flight that arrives the day before the cruise? It says to call DCL, but my friend is opposed to doing that. How important is the flight info? Is it used to book the transfers, or for any other purpose? When will I receive the luggage tags? Will that be considered confirmation of where the transfers are to and from? Can I carry my own luggage on the bus from the resort so that DCL doesn't lose it en route to the port? Thank you.

Chances are the error your receiving is due to coming in prior. I would call DCL, why would your friend be opposed :confused3 Better to be safe than finding out last minute you don't have transfers...

You will receive your luggage tags w/your documents, approx 2 weeks prior to sailing.

When you call DCL, make sure the airline you are flying on is a participating airline. If so, they will print your boarding passes and tag your luggage for the trip home when you disembark.

LuvEeyore said:
When you call DCL, make sure the airline you are flying on is a participating airline. If so, they will print your boarding passes and tag your luggage for the trip home when you disembark.

I'll be on Southwest airlines. Is that a participating airline? Can they online check me in 24 hours in advance to get me an A pass? Otherwise, I'll have to use boardfirst.com. I don't want to start another argument about it, but I still want to know if it is legal or if anyone has used it in the past few weeks (since March 11, when they changed their rules).

I just talked to DCL and as long as you are going in the day before.. they do not need that info. Yes the website will not allow prior to cruise dates to be added. Did you book thru a TA ? Maybe the TA or family can get you checked in the day before you come back home and just not print the boarding passes until you get to the kiosk at the airport. ??
I too am flying Southwest and that is my plan for the return flight.

Hope that helps..

Justkimm said:
I just talked to DCL and as long as you are going in the day before.. they do not need that info. Yes the website will not allow prior to cruise dates to be added.

How about for the return flight?

Did you book thru a TA ?

No I didn't

Maybe the TA or family can get you checked in the day before you come back home and just not print the boarding passes until you get to the kiosk at the airport. ??
I too am flying Southwest and that is my plan for the return flight.

Unfortunately, that's not an option for me since we didn't book through a TA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter