Online check in and room request.

Mom2twinboys

Now mom to 3 boys
We are arising next Wednesday, Jan. 2nd. Am I less likely to get my room request if I use online check in

Mom2twinboys said:
We are arising next Wednesday, Jan. 2nd. Am I less likely to get my room request if I use online check in

I don't know if it makes a difference really! I did online checkin and Didn't get my request of 60s building at Pop but they did still give me an upper lakeview room in building 3!

Nope, one has nothing to do with the other. All online check-in does is allow the resort to get your paperwork and key prepared ahead of time, so you don't have to hang out at the desk while they do that. And, you get to stand in a separate check-in line that may or may not be faster than the regular check-in line.

We did online checkin recently and requested early checkin and a certain section of preferred rooms at CSR for our stay last week. We arrived at 7:00 am and our room was ready and in the section we requested. So, IMO - yes.

Let me also clarify that we also requested the section when we initially booked with disney. So, it may not hurt to call as well and make the request.

I am on hold to put my request in over the phone. So, I should check in online and put the request there too?

Honestly, it doesn't matter. Once you've put the request on your reservation, it's there, and whether or not you do online check in won't affect the likelihood of your getting it.

Kind of on the same subject.

We originally scheduled out trip for January 2 thru January 7 and then found some really great flights leaving out on January 1st. So we have a room only for January 1st and our package is still January 2 thru January 7. We are not moving hotels and we understand we will have to check out and back in on January 2nd. Would it be to our best interest to do on line check in or just do it all at regular check in since ours is 2 ressies?

There was issues with my reservation last time I checked in, so I got chatting with the online check-in CM while the manager worked on it. This CM (at POR) advised that the online check-in CM's main goal was to get people into rooms that would be ready when they arrived based on the housekeeping schedule. Meeting requests is secondary, if they are even acknowledged.

I only have done online check-in this one time and got the exact opposite of my request, so that is how this conversation started. She said since I was arriving at 11am and the mansion I wanted to be in wasn't going to be ready until closer to check-in time, I was assigned a room that would be ready at my arrival time. I asked if they could switch me to the room I wanted, which they did. So, if you are going to ask for your request anyway, it's better and faster to just do regular check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter