One week to go and DD is sick

melbarkwith

Mouseketeer
Ack, my 3YO DD has a fever, aches and runny nose - and I'm stressing out.

I'm so NOT someone who takes their kids to the dr as soon as the sniffles appear, but guess where we are going this afternoon. And I'll be asking for *something* to give her.

I've been having nightmares about swine flu (don't know why), and now this happens. :eek:

Now to keep her away from her sisters when they get home from school.

I am really sorry to hear about your DD but at least there is enough time to get rid of it before your trip. Keep her hydrated!!!!!!!!!

That's no good!! Fill 'er up with vitamin C and Oranges and lots and lots of water!
Whatever it is she should get over before you go.

The one good thing about kids being sick is that they tend to recover very quickly! Fingers crossed here for a very speedy recovery and that your other children don't get sick as well!

Thanks everyone - the good news is that DD has tonsillitis (she went downhill so quickly this morning I was imagining swine flu...) and antibiotics to go with it.

I'm filling her up with Hydralyte, Vitamin C and panadol (and a McD's soft serve cone :) ) Fingers crossed she will be feeling a bit better in a day or so. At the moment she is quite happily watching Nightmare before Christmas.

Do they tend to whip out tonsils at the first sign of problems like they seemed to in my day?

Greg

No Greg they don't - you get repeatedly sick and into teen years before they'll touch them it seems now. I think because they now know they play a role in our defence mechanism and are not redundant as they used to think. Sounds like you will be fine for the trip melbarkwith - phew! Nothing worse than last minute worries.

Haha Wendy. Mels daughter would be about 9 by now (the original post was from 2009!)
But yes, it is difficult to get tonsils out. It took about 6 years to get someone to agree to take my sons tonsils out (no infections, but they were huge). It took a test to show that he had severe sleep apnoea, caused by his large tonsils, before they would take them out. He was also failing to grow. After they took them out, he shot up remarkably.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter