One trip? Witch, please! Make it two! MNSSHP and NYE with Mickey! updated 12/26x3

I was obviously not paying good attention to your ticker - It looks like you're arriving just as I'm leaving...I'm sad we won't cross paths, but I will take very good care of WDW for you!!

Yeah I think I had calculated that we would just miss each other which is a bummer :( But I know it will be in good hands until I arrive! I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!! :banana:

Fall Festival is over :dogdance::dogdance:

My mom has arrived and...I am still not packed. We're leaving the house around 11, so I have plenty of time.

Wish us luck...my mom and her gazillion tons of medications are stressing me out a little. We're probably going to have to take things a little easier than I was planning, so I'm really curious to see how things end up working out.

Finally starting to get excited again after all the stress of the last few weeks...I can't wait to come back and tell everyone all about it!!

We survived!!

I came home with a cold, and feel a little bit like I'm dying, but surely that will go away soon.

I plan to get started on a trip report asap...maybe even this afternoon. The kids don't have school today, so when I get home from grocery shopping I will have some time to go through pictures from the first couple of days at least.

Current planned title will be "Polynesian Pixie Dust: A love/hate vacationship" We'll see if I come up with something better as the day progresses, LOL!!

Stay tuned!!

I came home with a cold, and feel a little bit like I'm dying, but surely that will go away soon.

Oh no!! That's the worst. And totally a thing on WDW trips. I hope you feel better very soon!

Current planned title will be "Polynesian Pixie Dust: A love/hate vacationship"

:laughing: I like this! Heading over to check it out.

Oh no!! That's the worst. And totally a thing on WDW trips. I hope you feel better very soon!

:laughing: I like this! Heading over to check it out.

It was the cold that would not end!! I just started feeling semi normal yesterday, today is even better, so my hope is to be 100% on Monday!

Annnndd...now i need to get this PTR updated for the December/Jan trip!! I'm ready to see some holiday stuff!! Lights and fireworks and trees!!

Good morning...iiiit's FAST PASS DAY!!
ron.gif

and I feel so lucky!!

Because I'm a major trip slacker lately, we JUST bought DH's ticket last night. For the first time ever, we bought a non-hopper ticket :scared1:
It feels so stifling to me, but I know we can always add a hopper to his ticket when we're there if we need to.

We've decided to fly in on 12/28 now and either stay offsite or extend our run at Movies, giving us a FULL day on 12/29. This is exciting because now we can see the holiday stuff at Hollywood Studios!!

FP and dining plans for the trip so far:

12/29 - DHS:
FPs for: Toy Story, Tower, Star Tours
Early dinner ADR for Brown Derby
Holiday nighttime stuff, particularly the new thing on Sunset

12/30 - MK (yes, we're crazy):
FPs for: Splash, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder
Lunch and dinner ADRs for Liberty Tree...we need to pick which one ASAP, leaning toward the lunch. I booked them a long time ago so we'd be able to get into the park just in case
Find a spot realllly early for fireworks

12/31 - NYE at Epcot (crazy again!)
late afternoon FPs for Soarin' and Spaceship Earth
early dinner ADR for Chefs de France
Stake out spot for fireworks

1/1 - I have no idea - this may be the day we add hoppers - Disney Springs morning/AK afternoon?
FP for Flights of Passage at 4:15
ADRs for Boma breakfast, Boathouse lunch, and Jiko dinner - need to pick our finalists soon. Maybe will drop Boma and Boathouse and make lunch reservations at Sanaa instead, but no idea yet!

1/2 - Animal Kingdom
FP for Flights of Passage, Safari, Everest
ADR for Citricos dinner

1/3 - check out day
ADR for Boma breakfast, will probably cancel due to flights :sad:

I was SO EXCITED to get fast passes for Flights of Passage for New Year's Day AND the day after. Times for everything were plentiful. I made the FPs on the app while making kid lunches about an hour ago (6:18am central time). We still plan to wait standby at least once to see the full line.

Just a tiny little update this morning to share my excitement, but will do another soon. It's a busy week but I hope to update this and the October TR at least once before Friday.

I hope everyone's Monday is off to a great start!!

ron2.gif

Last edited:
We still plan to wait standby at least once to see the full line.
I was actually up for this on our trip, one morning when we got there and the line would have been an hour-ish. But we had FPs for later in the day and DH wanted to ride NRJ again while it was a walk-on... okay! I'm sure someday we'll do this standby.

Because I'm a major trip slacker lately, we JUST bought DH's ticket last night. For the first time ever, we bought a non-hopper ticket :scared1:
I was helping my cousin's wife buy their tickets at dinner at about 10pm the night before we went to Magic Kingdom...

Awesome plans!

I'm sad we don't overlap more, but there's potential to run into each other on the 1st...

1/1 - I have no idea - this may be the day we add hoppers - Disney Springs morning/AK afternoon?
FP for Flights of Passage at 4:15
ADRs for Boma breakfast, Boathouse lunch, and Jiko dinner - need to pick our finalists soon. Maybe will drop Boma and Boathouse and make lunch reservations at Sanaa instead, but no idea yet!

We're also at Boma for breakfast this day at 8:30, and probably also at Jiko for a late dinner. If you spend the afternoon at AK, we'll be there most of the day :)

Great luck to get FoP FP for both days! By the time I got on to make FP selections, I only have one time available for a FP for my mom and Nathan: 6:05pm. It was during our original Jiko ADR, so I booked a later Jiko ADR at 8:30, and I'll keep checking for an earlier FoP FP just in case.

Early dinner ADR for Brown Derby

Yum I love the Brown Derby!

Lunch and dinner ADRs for Liberty Tree...we need to pick which one ASAP, leaning toward the lunch.

I'd pick lunch because I like the options on the a la carte menu better.

early dinner ADR for Chefs de France

Ooo we just made one for Chefs in Dec.

I'd do Boma breakfast and Jiko dinner.

12/30 - MK (yes, we're crazy):
FPs for: Splash, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder
Lunch and dinner ADRs for Liberty Tree...we need to pick which one ASAP, leaning toward the lunch. I booked them a long time ago so we'd be able to get into the park just in case
Find a spot realllly early for fireworks

Last time I went during this time we went to MK ON the 31st so at least you're not as crazy as I was! (okay, I was like 22 and wish I was more active on here then because it would have been THE MOST INSANE TR EVER so I'll blame youth and ignorance lol)

lunch reservations at Sanaa instead

Oh I do love Sanaa <3

Since you're coming home on my birthday I am going to 100% live vicariously through you lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter