• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One of the funniest things I've ever heard at WDW:

One I have heard recently was from RnRC during the preshow film. While I was standing there a girl next to me yelled out, "Hey that's the guy from American Idol!" :rolleyes:

Another was outside of the Land Pavilion. A guest asked the CM where the Shrek ride was located. The CM told the guest that it was at Universal Studios. The guest said, "I know that." and then proceded to ask again how to get there from the Land Pavilion so the CM told them, "Go down across the bridge and when you get to the fountain to take a left. They they will exit the park thru the turnstiles, go to their car, get in, and drive toward the exit of the parking lot. After they exited the parking lot, follow the signs toward I4 and go east. Once on I4, look for the Universal Studios exit. Then pay to park in their garage, get out of your car, and walk toward the Studios. Buy a park ticket, if they didnt have one, and then go thru the entrance. Once there, head straight down the street and about halfway down it will be on their right." The guest then says, "So where is the Shrek ride?" I could not stop laughing! :rotfl:

Oh and heres another video for you.
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8239821/soarin-standby-greeter
and
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8224297/a-day-at-mission-space :thumbsup2

We got on a bus to the MK one morning at POP and this family gets on behind us and ask the driver if this bus was going to Disney World? He told them it was going to the MK. They got back off!! I often wondered where they ended up that day!!!

Lol. Nice

Last night I heard a woman telling another, "Darn, it was so hot today I could barely walk around. I didn't know it got this hot in Florida. I thought they had arctic temps in Florida!"

I'm going to move this to the theme parks community board.

We just got back and because of this thread, I had my ears perked for things to overhear this time.

Outside of AK, "Ok, remember what I told you at the hotel. When I want to take a picture of you, you're going to smile nice and say 'cheese' or we're going home."

On the Monorail to Epcot a southern family taking up both benches in our part of the car are chatting amongst themselves. It was maybe five adults, three tween girls. Apparently the family had arrived earlier day and were just riding the monorails back and forth to check things out and decide what they wanted to do. :scared1: Just go people!! I felt bad for the girls who were sitting there bored asking when they would actually be able to go to the parks. As we approached Epcot, one woman asks the other, "which one is this?"
"The one with the big golfball."
"What's there?"
"Space stuff in the front and then in the back it has the countries thing."
"Oh I don't want to go there. I don't want none of that countries sh**."
"...That's the place you can get beers from around the world."
"Ok maybe."
:eek:

While funny to me at first, this one actually made me sad because I knew this woman was about to begin what most of us would call, "having a bad day."

We were on our way into Epcot from the bus stops and of course had to pass by the monorail station.
There we saw a harried looking woman just down off the ramp with two small children asking the security guard at the bottom, "Excuse me, but please tell me this is the Magic Kingdom."

My own brother at Disney's Wedding Pavilion after he had walked me down the aisle...

"Good Luck" He says snarkily to my DH to be.

I thought it was hilarious and still tease him about it!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Last night I heard a woman telling another, "Darn, it was so hot today I could barely walk around. I didn't know it got this hot in Florida. I thought they had arctic temps in Florida!"

I honestly don't even know what to say to this...arctic temps??? in Florida???? Hello!!!!

Our first trip to DW was last month. We were renting a locker and the CM asked DH who lives in Cinderella's castle? He was trying to be nice and let us "win" a free locker. DH's response: "Uh, Snow White?" CM was so nice not to laugh at such an obvious Princess fan and gave us the locker anyway. DD and I sure did though! :lmao:

Our first trip to DW was last month. We were renting a locker and the CM asked DH who lives in Cinderella's castle? He was trying to be nice and let us "win" a free locker. DH's response: "Uh, Snow White?" CM was so nice not to laugh at such an obvious Princess fan and gave us the locker anyway. DD and I sure did though! :lmao:

that is PRICELESS!!!

While at the Guest service window at MK the man next to us asked the CM at the window if Disney insurance would cover blisters.. :rotfl2: We were speechless and cracking up as soon as he left.. The time for unbroken shoes is NEVER at WDW...(We walk so much that we are all sore after a day in the parks.)

I was riding a bus to DHS one morning and sat next to a family talking about their upcoming day. They were obvious "newbies" holding tickets in hand and mom was looking at a DHS brochure. "First", she says, "We'll ride inside the hat. I think it's a shortcut to the Movie Ride." :thumbsup2

Carefully I tried to explain that the hat wasn't a ride but mom kept insisting it was so I gave up while trying not to chuckle figuring that they would find out soon enough.

I was riding a bus to DHS one morning and sat next to a family talking about their upcoming day. They were obvious "newbies" holding tickets in hand and mom was looking at a DHS brochure. "First", she says, "We'll ride inside the hat. I think it's a shortcut to the Movie Ride." :thumbsup2

Carefully I tried to explain that the hat wasn't a ride but mom kept insisting it was so I gave up while trying not to chuckle figuring that they would find out soon enough.

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :joker: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :joker:

Last trip my dh decided sometime after lunch to go to the barbershop and get his hair cut. My dd really wanted to ride Space Mountain, so we headed over to Tomorrowland. The wait time was around 30 miinutes, but the fast pass return time was several hours away, so we decided to fore go fast passes and just get in line since we figured it would probably take dh 30 minutes to an hour to get his hair cut and meet back up with us.
There was an English gentleman and his son, who was around 9-10 behind us in line. The son constantly harrangued his father about not getting a fast pass and the father kept replying that fast passes cost extra and he had already paid enough to get in the park. The son kept insisting that fast passes were free, but never could convince the father and I didn't have the heart to turn around and tell the father the truth. lol

If I hadn't discovered disboards before our trip, I would have also thought that fast passes were something you had to pay extra for. I live close to Cedar Point and they charge extra for fast passes so I would have thought Disney would too.

My husband had a few that I won't let him live down before and during our first trip like.

"We only need to go once." :lmao:

"It's basically just like Six Flags right?" He hates Six Flags!

"Why do we need to get up so early?":rotfl2:

"What's the big deal about getting into the park before it opens?"His favorite memory of the trip is being in an empty Main Street on our first day, with our kids running toward the castle.

After DS and I rode Splash Mountain:
Him: "Why did it take so long, you had a fast pass and it is just one drop!"
Me: "You do know that the ride is like 10 minutes and has a story right?"
Him: "NO! Why didn't you tell me? I want to ride!"
Sure, sweetie, just like Six Flags.:rolleyes:

I shake my head at the crazy things that man said!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter