One of the best days of the year...

arthur06

DDC #689
Does anyone else feel like the day there DVC points are re-loaded, is one of the best days of the year?

I am always excited on Dec 1st to see that old UY has fallen off and "new" points are showing...

Unfortunately, I must have been naughty this year and received the equivalent of a lump of coal. My UY has been thoroughly borrowed, I have 2 points left... :confused3

Wow! I'm almost as bad. My UY is March, and in 2012, I have 7 points coming!:rotfl2:

Ha,ha, ha....I'm always borrowed ahead. At least I don't have to worry about banking!:goodvibes

Does anyone else feel like the day there DVC points are re-loaded, is one of the best days of the year?

I am always excited on Dec 1st to see that old UY has fallen off and "new" points are showing...

Unfortunately, I must have been naughty this year and received the equivalent of a lump of coal. My UY has been thoroughly borrowed, I have 2 points left... :confused3

My use year is December as well. I have a whopping 36 points left! But I have several trips booked in 2012 from those borrowed points. I kind of figure that the December 2011 points are to be used for 2012 trips so I am not really that bad off. Right?;)

Dec UY here as well. Normally not a borrower, but got off track in 2011 -- pass that lump of coal please!! :laughing:

No points, plus already eating into Dec 2012 points!! :headache:

My downfall has been my DS's move to Florida and my 6 week stay in DVC rooms from December to January. It's just so hard for DH and I to be in WDW without at least offering one night to our Floridian family. Yesterday I borrowed for the last room I could possibly book with the 2012 points, a standard view studio at AKV when I'm there with some friends from NJ. Yes, I've already used 2013 points, but they don't reach back into this, our 2011 UY! For December we payed for a room for the family at WL just to get that single night with us in! Having DGC is great!

I got excited when I read this thread...... :yay:

But I checked my points and it says a big fat zero too ! :sad2:

But I am smiling because those points went to our Aulani trip this coming April ! :woohoo: :dance3: :banana: :cheer2:

My downfall has been my DS's move to Florida and my 6 week stay in DVC rooms from December to January. It's just so hard for DH and I to be in WDW without at least offering one night to our Floridian family. Yesterday I borrowed for the last room I could possibly book with the 2012 points, a standard view studio at AKV when I'm there with some friends from NJ. Yes, I've already used 2013 points, but they don't reach back into this, our 2011 UY! For December we payed for a room for the family at WL just to get that single night with us in! Having DGC is great!

6 weeks??!!! :cloud9: I can only dream....... :goodvibes

DVC is without question one of the best purchases we have ever made. :thumbsup2

I have mixed emotions about getting our new points. We have a December UY and my birthday is also December 1st. So I get my new points as a birthday present, but it also means I'm a year older.

My points are actually doing pretty good as we got all our new points yesterday as we had not borrowed any. My problem is that I feel like I've been borrowing against my future birthdays.

Regardless, we can start planning the next Disney trip, so life is good! :cool1:

Only 365 days until I have more points (I think 2012 is a Leap Year). I have not borrowed any of the 2012 points...yet.

I guess being point poor right now, makes it easier to plan other non-Disney trips. :eek:

Well not having points left must mean you've enjoyed all those points!

I only have 7 points left for 2012! :mickeyjum

I just banked 14 points on Nov 30. I think this is the second time I banked points (the first time was my first year of ownership...we ran out of vacation time before we ran out of points).

We now live a few miles from WDW so we are saving our points for when our grandson comes to visit!

To add to my lump of coal... I just realized that my AP runs out this week...

I think I am feeling, well, ummm.... :sick:

To add to my lump of coal... I just realized that my AP runs out this week...

I think I am feeling, well, ummm.... :sick:

Such a depressing thought! We have AP's for the first time. It's wonderful, but we're not renewing next year, its sad just thinking about it ....

BUT the good news is I have a DVC trip soon...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!