One night on property shouldn't I be able to book FP+ for each day I have a ticket?

Belle5

DIS Veteran
Did I misunderstand something? I booked our first night at WLV for Dec. 10 checking out the 11th. We are then moving to a timeshare off-property. We have seven day park passes linked through MDE. Yesterday, I was able to make our FP+s for Dec. 11 (that was the 60 day mark). I thought that the perk of staying even one night on property was that I could make all seven days of FP+ (the amount of days on our tickets) at 60 days out...one day at a time (unlike those staying on-property their entire stay who can make all days of their FP+s right at 60 days). I got online this morning to make FP+s for Dec. 12 and I am blocked. Has something changed in the rules? Did I misunderstand?

Last edited:
Everyone says that's how it's supposed to work. But my friend did exactly the same thing as you and she had the same problem.

In answer to my own question...I contacted Disney Tech Support. I cut and pasted my exact question from above and this was our discussion:

Tech Support: Unfortunately you can only reserve Disney's FastPass®+ up to 60 days in advance when staying at one of our Disney owned resort hotels here at the Walt Disney World® Resort. Since you are only staying one night, the rest of your Disney's FastPass®+ reservations would need to be done 1 day at a time 30 days in advance.

Me: Is that a recent change?

Tech Support: No. Always been that way. It's one of the many perks of staying at our hotels.

In answer to my own question...I contacted Disney Tech Support. I cut and pasted my exact question from above and this was our discussion:

Tech Support: Unfortunately you can only reserve Disney's FastPass®+ up to 60 days in advance when staying at one of our Disney owned resort hotels here at the Walt Disney World® Resort. Since you are only staying one night, the rest of your Disney's FastPass®+ reservations would need to be done 1 day at a time 30 days in advance.

Me: Is that a recent change?

Tech Support: No. Always been that way. It's one of the many perks of staying at our hotels.

My friend did the same thing and got the same response. So I continue to be perplexed by the reports here that you get a rolling 60 after the first night.

I'm not surprised though. That whole system is a technological mess. There are some people getting access to fastpasses 61 days out. Figure that out.

Seems like they finally closed that loophole.

I don't think so. It's just hit or miss. My friend's interaction with it was almost 6 weeks ago. And I continue to read reports of it working differently for other people.

My friend did the same thing and got the same response. So I continue to be perplexed by the reports here that you get a rolling 60 after the first night.

I'm not surprised though. That whole system is a technological mess. There are some people getting access to fastpasses 61 days out. Figure that out.

Yeah...I asked if this was a new change and he said no...but I'm pretty sure I did this last trip.

I'm sorry you lost this round of Disney Tech roulette.
Yeah...thanks. I'm not sure what DH will say. One night at the WLV purchased through Disney was a bit of a splurge that I justified because of the 7 days of FP+ perks. Not sure it's worth it or that we should keep it since I can literally stay for free at the Waldorf on Hilton points!

This past Monday I finished with my reservations on a rolling throwaway night at the camp. 8 day ticket on a 13 day vacation. It worked like a charm. Must be hit or miss.

Could it be that resort in particular?

Mx

This past Monday I finished with my reservations on a rolling throwaway night at the camp. It worked like a charm. Must be hit or miss.

Could it be that resort in particular?

Mx
Nope. My friend''s night was is at Pop Century.

Could it be that those that are getting the rolling 60 days purchased a package through Disney (one room + x-day tickets)?

Yeah...thanks. I'm not sure what DH will say. One night at the WLV purchased through Disney was a bit of a splurge that I justified because of the 7 days of FP+ perks. Not sure it's worth it or that we should keep it since I can literally stay for free at the Waldorf on Hilton points!
You are ONE DAY too early in booking for Dec. 12th.

Tomorrow, Thursday is your day to book for December 12th.

The window begins rolling after your checkout date... 60 days before the 12th is when you can book. This is explained in the Throwaway Room thread.

The window begins rolling after your checkout date... 60 days before the 12th is when you can book. This is explained in the Throwaway Room thread.
We aren't throwing our room away but you have given me great hope! Thanks, and I'll report back if it works. Just for clarification you do see that I was able to book passes yesterday for Dec. 10th and 11th based on a check in date of Dec. 10 checkout the 11th at WLV, right?

We aren't throwing our room away but you have given me great hope! Thanks, and I'll report back if it works. Just for clarification you do see that I was able to book passes yesterday for Dec. 10th and 11th based on a check in date of Dec. 10 checkout the 11th at WLV, right?
Yes because your window opens for FPs for check-in through checkout day. THEN, you have to wait until 60 days BEFORE your first offsite park day.

The steps are explained in the first post of the Throwaway Room thread.

That's definitely encouraging! Still didn't work for my friend but I hope that it does for the OP.

That's definitely encouraging! Still didn't work for my friend but I hope that it does for the OP.
Did your friend ever check her booking calendar to move/swipe it to the next month?

There have been many reports that some didn't know they had to physically move to the following booking month to complete their FPs.

HiroMYhero is right... Oct has 31 days. You are given one day in advance at moment 0 (for your check out day). Then there's a leap of one day. Hopefully your window should open tomorrow. Today you are 61 days away from Dec 12th.

Do comment back tomorrow!

Mx

HiroMYhero and cuchu2005,

Thank you both for your timely information yesterday! You were so right about my FP+ becoming available today. Had you not informed me of the way the system works when you did I might have done something really stupid like cancel my discounted resort room (which is no longer available)! Thanks so much! One more question for you...How many days out can I book FP+ using my one night stay on property?

@Belle5 ~ Yay!!! Thanks for reporting back to confirm. Hope the rest of your planning goes well and enjoy WL! :)

You can book FPs for the total of your ticket entitlements. The window keeps rolling forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter