One night at Royal Pacific Resort?

anorman

Greetings from The Great White North
So my family of 4 is heading down to Orlando for a 13 night trip. I am planning on two days only at Universal parks:sad:. We have a house rented in Kissimmee area for the entire trip but I was wondering if it might be worthwhile to book one night at RPR to get Express passes for the two days we will be doing the parks and just bring overnight bags to the hotel. Have any of you done this? Was it worth it? You get the arrival day and checkout day for express passes, right?

Have done this. It's a great option to get the express for 2 days (check in day and check out day) well below what you would pay in the parks for them

Yes, you get Express pass the day you check in and the day you check out. You can arrive very early to check in, get your express pass, and take advantage of early entry.

Yes, you get both days. I would do it, and I will do it sometime in the future. We are doing 4 nights next month under different circumstances and are very much looking forward to all day unlimited express. We have after 4 express and love that.

If your goal is to get the included EP for those days, and the cost of the hotel is lower than paying OOP for the EP in the parks for the whole party then do it. RPR is a beautiful hotel. You get EP for the full day of checkin and checkout. Note that you will also have to pay hotel parking fees on top of that.

As far as hotel parking fees, you pay per night. So just like express pass, you get hotel parking from early morning of check in day until the end of 2nd day for only the cost of 1 nights parking fee, instead of paying for two days worth of theme park parking if you don't get the room for one night.

As far as hotel parking fees, you pay per night. So just like express pass, you get hotel parking from early morning of check in day until the end of 2nd day for only the cost of 1 nights parking fee, instead of paying for two days worth of theme park parking if you don't get the room for one night.

Awesome! I didn't even think about the parking. The hotel is okay with you leaving your car parked in their lot even though we will be checking out early? And will they keep our bags even though we are checked out?

Awesome! I didn't even think about the parking. The hotel is okay with you leaving your car parked in their lot even though we will be checking out early? And will they keep our bags even though we are checked out?

Yes. They will hold your bags in a secure area in lobby and you may leave your car there until you leave on the 2nd night. You also have free in/out privledges while you are parked there, in case someone needs to make a run back to rental house.

I was wondering if it might be worthwhile to book one night at RPR to get Express passes for the two days we will be doing the parks and just bring overnight bags to the hotel.

Yes.

The hotel is okay with you leaving your car parked in their lot even though we will be checking out early?

Yes.

And will they keep our bags even though we are checked out?

Yes.

I mean, do the math to see if the rate at RPR is less than adding unlimited express pass to your tickets, but it's usually a better price. :)

You have until midnight of checkout day to leave the car parked, or you'll get hit with a second charge. The parks aren't open that late, so you'll be fine.

RPR is a proper, nice, hotel, and they have a good bell services department.

Also, if I may...think about budgeting enough to upgrade your tickets to APs, just in case. I did not do that on our first Orlando trip, we fell in LOVE with Universal, and I regretted not having that budgeted. We ended up going again in that year period and had to pay for tickets all over again (and we upgraded during that trip).

Yes. They will hold your bags in a secure area in lobby and you may leave your car there until you leave on the 2nd night. You also have free in/out privledges while you are parked there, in case someone needs to make a run back to rental house.
Another quick question......we plan to check in at about 7 or 7:30 am and if there is no room available at this time (which I expect will be the case), we will leave our overnight bags at bell services. Do they have a refrigerator available to store medication at this location? May daughter is diabetic and will need to bring insulin with her for an overnight stay.

Just a side comment: Royal Pacific is usually the cheapest of the three deluxe resorts (RPR, HRH, PBR), but depending on the dates, it is not always the case. This fall we booked a PBR Deluxe Room, because it was the cheapest (including basic rooms at the three deluxe resorts) at the time. Be sure to check all three resorts!

Just a side comment: Royal Pacific is usually the cheapest of the three deluxe resorts (RPR, HRH, PBR), but depending on the dates, it is not always the case. This fall we booked a PBR Deluxe Room, because it was the cheapest (including basic rooms at the three deluxe resorts) at the time. Be sure to check all three resorts!
I will definitely do that. Thanks!

Aug 22/19.......
$344 for RPR
$374 for HRH
$404 for PB
But thanks for the suggestion......it was worth a look!

Just piggybacking on OP's question. We are also doing one night at Royal Pacific and planning to spend two days in the parks. I have booked the room but have not yet purchased park tickets. Do I have to buy them through Universal in order to get Express Pass and early entry to HP stuff? I saw the tickets were cheaper at AAA but our main goal is early entry and Express pass, so I don't want to mess that up if tickets need to be purchased from a certain source.

Just piggybacking on OP's question. We are also doing one night at Royal Pacific and planning to spend two days in the parks. I have booked the room but have not yet purchased park tickets. Do I have to buy them through Universal in order to get Express Pass and early entry to HP stuff? I saw the tickets were cheaper at AAA but our main goal is early entry and Express pass, so I don't want to mess that up if tickets need to be purchased from a certain source.

You will get EP purely by staying at RP.....it comes with your room booking regardless of who you booked it through.....you also get EE as a hotel guest.....no need to worry about that.

Buy your tickets from whoever you like.....it doesn’t affect your hotel in any way.....:thumbsup2

It sounds like you're planning to actually stay at the resort, but wanted to mention that people do this often but book it as a "throwaway" room. Meaning, they don't actually stay in the room because its easier for them to just stay at their off-site hotel or condo. Might seem like a waste, but doing this is often cheaper than buying EPs for two days for everyone in your party. Only mentioning this because this scenario doesn't occur to people sometimes, because booking a hotel room and not using it seems counterintuitive!

That said, RPR is a great resort so I would definitely take advantage of it if its not a hassle for you to move there for one night while you have other lodging.

It sounds like you're planning to actually stay at the resort, but wanted to mention that people do this often but book it as a "throwaway" room. Meaning, they don't actually stay in the room because its easier for them to just stay at their off-site hotel or condo. Might seem like a waste, but doing this is often cheaper than buying EPs for two days for everyone in your party. Only mentioning this because this scenario doesn't occur to people sometimes, because booking a hotel room and not using it seems counterintuitive!

That said, RPR is a great resort so I would definitely take advantage of it if its not a hassle for you to move there for one night while you have other lodging.
We are definitely going to stay....with a plan to hang out that evening at the Porch of Indecision (and imbibe a few adult beverages:drinking:) while the teenagers go into the park and do their own thing.

You will get EP purely by staying at RP.....it comes with your room booking regardless of who you booked it through.....you also get EE as a hotel guest.....no need to worry about that.

Buy your tickets from whoever you like.....it doesn’t affect your hotel in any way.....:thumbsup2

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter