One hour enough time to bus back from DS to AoA for pick up?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
With a 3 pm pick up time with ME, would me being at our bust stop at 2 pm at Disney Springs get me back to AoA in time?

No, that’s cutting it close. I’d give yourself at least 90 minutes if not 120. You need to have time to get luggage from bell services and go to the bathroom, etc. 3 pm is the time it’s supposed to leave, so you should be at the stop with your things 10-15 minutes before Pick up.

Shoot to be back at your resort an hour before your Magical Express boarding time going back to the airport.

Less anxiety.

With a 3 pm pick up time with ME, would me being at our bust stop at 2 pm at Disney Springs get me back to AoA in time?
Do you have luggage to pick back up from bell services at AoA? If not, then yes as long as you were at the bus stop at Disney Springs 1 hr. prior to ME pick-up; I would say that's enough time...if you are needing to get luggage back from bell services; I'd add another half hour onto it. Also, ME pick-up time is really 10 mins. prior, as they're supposed to leave your resort at the time it has for pick-up.

I think thats cutting it too close.
Just because you are at the bus stop at 2, doesn't mean you will get on that bus or not have to wait for a bus to arrive.
It seems the bus from DS to a resort seems to take a long time to get back to our resort.
I would plan 90 minutes, just incase.

Change of plans. So would I still need to budget 1.5 hours from HS to AoA via the Skyliner? ME time is 3 PM. Thanks!!

Change of plans. So would I still need to budget 1.5 hours from HS to AoA via the Skyliner? ME time is 3 PM. Thanks!!
I’d always budget 2 hours if relying on Disney transportation. Better to get back early without stress, grab a drink, sit by the pool and relax for a bit. :)

Your only issue will be if the Skyliner goes down temporarily. At that point are you okay ordering a Uber/Lyft?

You can easily time it when you are down there another day just to see how long it takes and factor in extra lines for the last day you are leaving.

Yes, plus How do you know it’s 3? Its 3 hours for domestic flights plus or minus 15 minutes, so if your flight is at 6, it could be between 2:45-3:15. You will find out the night before, what your pick up time is,. You never know if something breaks down, or a bus doesn’t show. I’d err on the side of caution, unless you don’t mind finding alternative transport to the airport because you’ve missed your bus. I was once stuck on the monorail three separate times in one night. Almost missed a dining reservation and a fast pass when I’d left plenty of time for both. So I’d always give yourself extra time.

Your only issue will be if the Skyliner goes down temporarily. At that point are you okay ordering a Uber/Lyft?

You can easily time it when you are down there another day just to see how long it takes and factor in extra lines for the last day you are leaving.
If the Skyliner goes down, there will be buses available.

Consider Getting an Uber, well worth the small fee for extra time in park

May just do that.
When are you doing this? What day of the week? I can tell you that we left HS around 3ish back in December and it was so quick to get on skyliner. That would not typically be a busy time of day for the skyliner. Only problem would be if it’s shut down for some reason.

When are you doing this? What day of the week? I can tell you that we left HS around 3ish back in December and it was so quick to get on skyliner. That would not typically be a busy time of day for the skyliner. Only problem would be if it’s shut down for some reason.
29th of this month. Would need to be at AoA around 3 pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter