One HOT trip day 2

Bev J

DIS Veteran
Sat Sept 20,
Travelers: 3 couples
B-46 (me T & M 50's J & Mac 60's
D-49 DH

We met in the hallway to eat breakfast at 8am. Had a great free breakfast at the hotel and hit the road by 8:40. Walked into Epcot at 9. The line for the pins is all the way back to the bathrooms by SpaceShip Earth. J and Mac are not into the pin stuff so give them a radio they take off. We waited in line for about 2.5 hrs. There were water stations along the way but the sun is beating down, my SPF 25 is not going to hold up to this. Got our map hunt maps made great fans. Got into the building and great air condiitioning. The pins look nice, got what we wanted. J and Mac are getting tired of waiting. Now we have to find out where our event package is. Pinformation gave us our auction paddles-mickey shaped- the cheap lanyard that wont hold pins. But a nice gift box had 3 LE pins in it, surprise, I get two boxes. Things are looking up. Now we have to find out where our preorder pins are. We sidetrack and hit the land for a drink and some cool down. Found the pins at the imigination pavilion. Very nice pins got Dopey lightups and Official Consience pins. The event gift is a pin stand of spaceship earth and a figment pin. We are happy with this.
Check the time 11:53, better dash we have a noon PS at Le Clelier in Canada. Arive hot and sweaty but it is cool inside we have a relaxing lunch. Good food and service. Went and watched O canada, made us dizzy. Backtracked did the Land pavilion rides, Honey I shrunk and the Figment ride, love the new ride got our figment fix did a little shopping. and it is really getting hot. Time for a break!
Went back to hotel and rested untill 5:30.
Back to Epcot did some pin trading, looking for lanyard pins. Rode Test Track. J and T sat out this one.
I should mention that the day before we left I was rear-ended in my van on the way to the bank. I have a huge headache today and a stiff neck. but TT is not too bouncy so I am ok with this one.
This problem continued to plague me througout the trip. I took lots of motrin and decided not to let it spoil my trip. The other drivers insurance company will hear about this in detail!
After TT we ate some chicken fingers and kids hotdogs at the Electric Umbrella and then went to find a place to watch Illuminations. Found great spots at the gateway to the WS and really enjoyed the show. I bought the Epcot CD in 2000 and love to hear it during the fireworks.
Sit and wait for the crowd to trickle down and head back to the hotel.
Check with the kids and hit the bed.

Check in for day 3

Sounds like you made the best of the day you had - I like Le Cellier and the music from Illuminations too - thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter