One full day in MK, stay in or go out for dinner?

melsmom12

Look, Mommy, it's Cinderbrella!
So, my sister and I are going to WDW for two days only, boo. We're going to spend one full day in MK and one full day in Epcot.

For our Epcot day, we're going to have lunch in Morocco (sister's request) and dinner we'll hop around the Food and Wine Festival.

But for our MK, day, we want to do counter service during the day and sit down for dinner. I'm not crazy about the table service restaurants in MK, so I'm thinking maybe we should hop on the Monorail and have dinner at the Poly or Contemporary or GF. Or even take the ferry over to WL?

So, what do you think, fun idea or dumb idea? It's just food and grab something and stay put? Or is there a recommendation you can make for your favorite table service of all these options?

We're both in our 30's, don't feel an overwhelming need to do a character dinner, but we're both fun and up for anything!

I'd go have dinner at a monorail resort.
The only restaurant we like at MK is Crystal Palace but we like it for breakfast.

And to be honest I'd go completly bonkers if I had to stay in MK from opening to closing... getting a few hours "away from the madness" is a must!

Also, no alcohol at MK ! I couldn't care less but DM doesn't like drinking a sugary drink with dinner.

I would do one of two things. Jump on the monorail to the Poly, have a Lapu-Lapu at the Tambu Lounge and then have dinner at Kona! :thumbsup2 My second idea is take the boat to WL, have a drink at the Territory Lounge followed by a wonderful dinner at Artist Point. If it were me, just two days, no kids...I think I would splurge and go for Artist Point!!!!

Enjoy, let's us know what you decide.
Mrs. Disney

we were four adults going to the Crystal Palace this past April for dinner....the selections were awesome. SOOOo my hubby and I are going in two weeks and we are hitting Crystal Palace again before the Halloween Party......YAH we are two wild and crazy oldsters......hhaha
Have a great time visiting the Mouse.

I'd go have dinner at a monorail resort.
The only restaurant we like at MK is Crystal Palace but we like it for breakfast.

And to be honest I'd go completly bonkers if I had to stay in MK from opening to closing... getting a few hours "away from the madness" is a must!

Also, no alcohol at MK ! I couldn't care less but DM doesn't like drinking a sugary drink with dinner.

I agree with every one of these points. Usually it's just DH & I, so we like a break from the MK and a drink.

Now, we have gone numerous times with other family and friends where we've stayed the full day, and honestly, my best dinner in MK (when taking into account value, atmosphere and taste) was grabbing a hot dog at Casey's and sitting at a table overlooking the castle on Main Street. They're huge, for one thing. I also probably eat a hot dog twice, maybe three times a year, and Casey's dogs are incredible. Very, very delicious.

We've had dinner in the Castle (before it was a package deal), CP and every CS location.

So my first choice would be hitting a monorail resort, but if you must do a MK dinner somewhere, I'd take the easy route and enjoy a hot dog at Casey's :)

I have to say, the only MK restaurant we had a somewhat good experience at was the Crystal Palace. I'd hop on the monorail and have dinner at Kona's! :)

With no kids with you, I'd opt of the MK for a bit and have a quiet, relaxing dinner. Cal Grill, Narcoosee's, Citricos are the first places that comes to mind. You can always hop back on the monorail and get back the MK in a flash.

We loved the meal at Chef Mickey's. Didn't care much for Crystal Palace though.

We went to Tony's Town Square on our MK day. We weren't overly impressed by it -- not bad, but not great either, was just sort of . . . there. We really only stayed because there were extra magic hours that night. I think your idea is a good one, personally. If you go to California Grill and book later in the evening, you can see the fireworks for Wishes REALLY close by, and they pipe in the music for it. It's very expensive, but we had a great time, and stumbled back to our hotel with our bellies full of great food after.

It also would depend on how late MK is open that night, if it closes early you might just want to stay until closing and then having a late dinner somewhere else. If it is open late, absolutely jump on the monorail and go to one of the resorts.

what ever you do for a sitdown you need to make sure you have a ressie for there or you will be waiting or not even get a table. just remember that. enjoy your trip.:woohoo:

Yay, we just booked our dining reservations!

Friday dinner at Kona Cafe!
Saturday lunch in Morocco!

Thanks for your help, everyone, I truly value all of your opinions.

I'm getting so excited!!!!

Monorail over to Kona Cafe is my vote!!! That has to be my favorite restaurant!!! :love:

Tricky question. It depends on how much of the MK you want to experience.
If we only had one full day at MK, we wouldn't waste any time travelling to a resort for an ADR. We would choose an early dinner (first seating) at CP or LTT so we could get seated quickly, get in and get out, and have more fun :banana: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter