One eager DVC spouse, one lukewarm...

LoveToDisney

Always needing another Disney trip!
Does anyone else have a one eager DVCer in the household and the other spouse just seems to put up with it? I would like to go to Disney whenever we have an opening in our schedule and can get good airfare, but I can barely talk my DH into once a year if I'm fortunate. When I bring it up, he just looks at me in disbelief that I want to go back again so soon. We have a great time when we go, but my DH always wants to spend vacation time at home working on the house and yard! Sometimes it drives me nuts because he doesn't even like to talk about upcoming trips that he's agreed to! He prefers to just wake up that morning, get dressed, drive to the airport and step on the plane. Ha!

So go without him and leave a list of repairs you expect completed when you return :)

LoveToDisney, are you sure he's in Kansas? That sounds exactly like my DH. I've always called him "Disney-tolerant" He didn't even go on the DVC tour with me-it was just a "whatever you want to do is fine with me, Dear" attitude. But I've told him that as long as I'm planning the vacations, we're going to be going to WDW. If he wants to go anywhere else (except HH, I'll plan that too), he has to plan it. That's kept him going to WDW. But he has no interest in discussing upcoming trips. That's one reason I'm on the boards so much-I have no one to discuss Disney with at home.

Well, I have to say that my husband loves Disney! We got married and spent our honeymoon there. He actually went by himself the year before we met, stayed onsite and everything.::yes::

BUT....he has almost no interest in the planning process. He is glad that I like it (I hope:eek: ) Thank god for the Disboards because like Simba's mom, I need to discuss it somewhere:teeth: :sunny:

Lisa:sunny:

Sounds sorta like my DH. Just not into the Disney thing. But it used to be when we would go that I would want him to do the Disney thing (i.e. go the parks) and then would get upset when he didn't want to.

Then I changed.

Now he golfs and sleeps as he wants to and does the Disney thing when he wants to.

He enjoys his vacation much better and now looks forward to it, unlike before I changed.

I just learned that he doesn't have to like the vacation as I do, he just needs to find what he enjoys about it and do that. I can better accept that we aren't doing the same things all week.

And he hates to talk about it before hand. "how do I know where I want to eat dinner in 90 days" "what time to I have to get up for the plane" "I'll pack the night before we leave"

<sigh> One planner. One spur of the moment-er.

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
LoveToDisney, are you sure he's in Kansas? That sounds exactly like my DH. I've always called him "Disney-tolerant" He didn't even go on the DVC tour with me-it was just a "whatever you want to do is fine with me, Dear" attitude. But I've told him that as long as I'm planning the vacations, we're going to be going to WDW. If he wants to go anywhere else (except HH, I'll plan that too), he has to plan it. That's kept him going to WDW. But he has no interest in discussing upcoming trips. That's one reason I'm on the boards so much-I have no one to discuss Disney with at home.
Thanks for posting! It really helps to know I'm not alone. I like your definition of "Disney-tolerant." Ha! It's hard because we want them to be as interested and excited as we are, but we know it just isn't going to happen.

I arranged a dinner date with another couple from our hometown. i knew the husband of the other couple was CRAZY about WDW, so I think that helped to show my DH that it wasn't just WOMEN who were Disney nuts.

Are you in the Wichita area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter